You searched on: Author: Mark Vaudin
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 83 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Assessing Electron Backscattered Diffraction and Confocal Raman Microscopy Strain Mapping Using Wedge-indented Si
Lawrence H Friedman, Mark D Vaudin, Stephan J Stranick, Gheorghe Stan, Yvonne Beatrice Gerbig, William A Osborn, Robert Francis Cook
The accuracy of electron backscattered diffraction (EBSD) and confocal Raman microscopy (CRM) for small-scale strain mapping are assessed using the multi-axial strain field surrounding a wedge indentation in Si as a test vehicle. The strain field is ...
2. Designing a standard for strain mapping: HR-EBSD analysis of SiGe thin film structures on Si
Mark D Vaudin, William A Osborn, Lawrence H Friedman, Justin M Gorham, Robert Francis Cook, Victor Vartanian
Patterned SiGe thin film structures, heteroepitaxially deposited on Si substrates, are investigated
as potential reference standards to establish the accuracy of high resolution electron backscattered
diffraction (HR-EBSD) strain measurement meth ...
3. Accuracy and Resolution of Nanoscale Strain Measurement Techniques
William A Osborn, Lawrence H Friedman, Mark D Vaudin, Stephan J Stranick, Michael S. Gaither, Justin M Gorham, Victor H Vartanian, Robert Francis Cook
4. Effect of Tin Doping on alpha-Fe2O3 Photoanodes for Water Splitting
Christopher C. Bohn, Amit Kumar Agrawal, Erich C. Walter, Mark D Vaudin, Andrew A Herzing, Paul M Haney, Albert A. Talin, Veronika A Szalai
Sputtered-deposited films of α-Fe2O3 of thickness 600 nm were investigated as photoanodes for solar
water splitting and found to have photocurrents as high as 0.8 mA/cm2 at 1.23 V vs. the reversible
hydrogen electrode (RHE). The incorporati ...
5. Micro-scale measurement and modeling of stress in silicon surrounding a tungsten-filled through-silicon via
Ryan P. Koseski, William A Osborn, Stephan J Stranick, Frank W DelRio, Mark D Vaudin, Thuy Dao, Vance H. Adams, Robert Francis Cook
The stress in silicon surrounding a tungsten-filled through-silicon via (TSV) is measured using confocal Raman microscopy line scans across the TSV both before and after etch removal of an oxide stack used as a mask to define the TSV during fabricati ...
6. Report on VAMAS Round Robin of ISO 13067: Microbeam Analysis,Electron Backscatter Diffraction,Measurement of Average Grain Size
NIST Interagency/Internal Report (NISTIR)
Adam A Creuziger, Mark D Vaudin
The authors recently participated in a round robin evaluation of a new ISO document draft, ISO 13067: Microbeam analysis ‹ Electron backscatter diffraction ‹ Measurement of average grain size. This report details the results of the study, some of th ...
7. A semicontinuum model for Si(x)Ge(1-x) alloys: calculation of their elastic characteristics and the strain field at the free surface of a semi-infinite alloy
Vinod K Tewary, Mark D Vaudin
A semicontiuum Green‰s-function-based model is proposed for analysis of averaged mechanical characteristics of Si(x)Ge(1-x). The atomistic forces in the model are distributed at discrete lattice sites, but the Green‰s function is approximated by the ...
8. Enhanced Mass Transport in Ultra-Rapidly-Heated Ni/Si Thin-Film Multilayers
Lawrence P. Cook, Richard E Cavicchi, Nabil Bassim, Susie Eustis, Winnie K Wong-Ng, Igor Levin, Ursula R Kattner, Carelyn E Campbell, Christopher B Montgomery, William F. Egelhoff Jr., Mark D Vaudin
We have investigated multilayer and bilayer Ni/Si thin films by nano-differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) at ultra rapid scan rates, in a temperature-time regime not accessible with conventional apparatus. DSC experiments were completed at slower ...
9. Measurement of heat capacity and enthalpy of formation of Nickel Silicide using Nano-calorimetry
Ravi Kummamuru, Lito De La Rama, Liang Hu, Mark D Vaudin, Mikhail Efremov, Martin L Green, David A LaVan, Leslie Allen
We present characterization of energetics of the reaction between nickel and silicon thin films using differential scanning nano-calorimetry (nano-DSC). For the first time, nano-DSC measurements up to 850 °C and of enthalpy of thin film reactions hav ...
10. Stress-Intensity Factor and Toughness Measurement at the Nanoscale using Confocal Raman Microscopy
Robert Francis Cook, Yvonne Beatrice Gerbig, Mark D Vaudin, Jeroen Schoenmaker, Stephan J Stranick
A confocal Raman microscopy technique is presented that allows stress measurement at the nanoscale, which in turn enables measurement of stress-intensity factors (SIF) at crack tips and thus toughness to be estimated. Peak-fitting and super-resolutio ...