You searched on: Author: Mark Vaudin
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 85 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Assessing Electron Backscattered Diffraction and Confocal Raman Microscopy Strain Mapping Using Wedge-indented Si
Lawrence H Friedman, Mark D Vaudin, Stephan J Stranick, Gheorghe Stan, Yvonne Beatrice Gerbig, William A Osborn, Robert Francis Cook
The accuracy of electron backscattered diffraction (EBSD) and confocal Raman microscopy (CRM) for small-scale strain mapping are assessed using the multi-axial strain field surrounding a wedge indentation in Si as a test vehicle. The strain field is ...
2. Designing a standard for strain mapping: HR-EBSD analysis of SiGe thin film structures on Si
Mark D Vaudin, William A Osborn, Lawrence H Friedman, Justin M Gorham, Robert Francis Cook, Victor Vartanian
Patterned SiGe thin film structures, heteroepitaxially deposited on Si substrates, are investigated
as potential reference standards to establish the accuracy of high resolution electron backscattered
diffraction (HR-EBSD) strain measurement meth ...
3. Structural and Dynamical Studies of Acid Mediated Conversion in Amorphous-Calcium-Phosphate Based Dental Composites
Fan Zhang, Andrew John Allen, Lyle E Levine, Mark D Vaudin, Drago Skrtic, Joseph M Antonucci, Kathleen Mary Hoffman, Anthony Albert Giuseppetti, Jan Ilavsky
Amorphous calcium phosphate (ACP) based composites are promising restorative dental materials attributable to ACP's capacity to release calcium and phosphate ions through a complex reaction in which ACP is converted to its crystalline, apatitic form ...
4. Orientation, stress, and strain in an (001) barium titanate single crystal with 90° lamellar
domains determined using electron backscatter diffraction
Jane Anne A. Howell, Mark D Vaudin, Robert Francis Cook
The orientation, stress, and strain in a single crystalline sample of barium titanate,
containing relatively large (0.5 μm to 14.5 μm), parallel, lamellar domains, have
been determined and mapped using electron backscatter diffraction. ...
5. Accuracy and Resolution of Nanoscale Strain Measurement Techniques
William A Osborn, Lawrence H Friedman, Mark D Vaudin, Stephan J Stranick, Michael S. Gaither, Justin M Gorham, Victor H Vartanian, Robert Francis Cook
6. Effect of Tin Doping on alpha-Fe2O3 Photoanodes for Water Splitting
Christopher C. Bohn, Amit Kumar Agrawal, Erich C. Walter, Mark D Vaudin, Andrew A Herzing, Paul M Haney, Albert A. Talin, Veronika A Szalai
Sputtered-deposited films of α-Fe2O3 of thickness 600 nm were investigated as photoanodes for solar
water splitting and found to have photocurrents as high as 0.8 mA/cm2 at 1.23 V vs. the reversible
hydrogen electrode (RHE). The incorporati ...
7. Micro-scale measurement and modeling of stress in silicon surrounding a tungsten-filled through-silicon via
Ryan P. Koseski, William A Osborn, Stephan J Stranick, Frank W DelRio, Mark D Vaudin, Thuy Dao, Vance H. Adams, Robert Francis Cook
The stress in silicon surrounding a tungsten-filled through-silicon via (TSV) is measured using confocal Raman microscopy line scans across the TSV both before and after etch removal of an oxide stack used as a mask to define the TSV during fabricati ...
8. Report on VAMAS Round Robin of ISO 13067: Microbeam Analysis,Electron Backscatter Diffraction,Measurement of Average Grain Size
NIST Interagency/Internal Report (NISTIR)
Adam A Creuziger, Mark D Vaudin
The authors recently participated in a round robin evaluation of a new ISO document draft, ISO 13067: Microbeam analysis ‹ Electron backscatter diffraction ‹ Measurement of average grain size. This report details the results of the study, some of th ...
9. A semicontinuum model for Si(x)Ge(1-x) alloys: calculation of their elastic characteristics and the strain field at the free surface of a semi-infinite alloy
Vinod K Tewary, Mark D Vaudin
A semicontiuum Green‰s-function-based model is proposed for analysis of averaged mechanical characteristics of Si(x)Ge(1-x). The atomistic forces in the model are distributed at discrete lattice sites, but the Green‰s function is approximated by the ...
10. Enhanced Mass Transport in Ultra-Rapidly-Heated Ni/Si Thin-Film Multilayers
Lawrence P. Cook, Richard E Cavicchi, Nabil Bassim, Susie Eustis, Winnie K Wong-Ng, Igor Levin, Ursula R Kattner, Carelyn E Campbell, Christopher B Montgomery, William F. Egelhoff Jr., Mark D Vaudin
We have investigated multilayer and bilayer Ni/Si thin films by nano-differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) at ultra rapid scan rates, in a temperature-time regime not accessible with conventional apparatus. DSC experiments were completed at slower ...