You searched on: Author: William Davis
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 80 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Certification of Total Arsenic in Blood and Urine Standard Reference Materials by Radiochemical Neutron Activation Analysis and Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry
Rick L Paul, William C Davis, Karen E Murphy, Colleen E Bryan, Lee Lijian Yu, William F Guthrie, Dennis D Leber, Thomas W Vetter
A newly developed procedure for determination of arsenic by radiochemical neutron activation analysis was used to measure arsenic in SRM 955c Toxic Elements in Caprine Blood and SRM 2668 Toxic Elements in Frozen Human Urine for the purpose of providi ...
2. Quantification of total serum transferrin and transferrin sialoforms in human serum; an alternative method for the determination of carbohydrate-deficient transferrin in clinical samples
Yoana Y. Nuevo Ordonez, William C Davis, Raymond F Anton
Carbohydrate deficient transferrin (CDT) measurements in human serum constitute the most specific marker for chronic heavy alcohol use and congenital disorders of glycosylation in proteins. Therefore, the development of precise and accurate analytica ...
3. Development of a Standard Reference Material for Metabolomics Research
Karen W Phinney, Guillaume Ballihaut, Mary Bedner, Johanna Camara, Steven J Christopher, William C Davis, Nathan G. Dodder, Brian E Lang, Stephen E Long, Mark S Lowenthal, Elizabeth A. McGaw, Karen E Murphy, Bryant C Nelson, Jocelyn L. Prendergast, Jessica L Reiner, Catherine A Rimmer, Lane C Sander, Michele M Schantz, Katherine E Sharpless, Lorna Tregoning Sniegoski, Susan Shu Cheng Tai, Jeanice M Brown Thomas, Thomas W Vetter, Michael James Welch, Stephen A Wise, Laura J Wood, William F Guthrie, Robert Charles Hagwood, Stefan D Leigh, James H Yen, Nien F Zhang, Madhu Chaurhary-Webb, Huiping Chen, Bridgette Haynes, Donna J LaVoie, Leslie F McCoy, Shahzad S Momin, Neelima Paladugula, Elizabeth C Pendergrast, Christine M Pfeiffer, Carissa D Powers, Zia Fazili-Qari, Daniel Rabinowitz, Michael E Rybak, Rosemary L Schleicher, Mary Xu, Mindy Zhang, Arthur L Castle, Brandi S Benford, Gauthier Eppe
4. Fast and accurate determination of K, Ca, and Mg in human serum by using sector field ICP-MS
Lee Lijian Yu, William C Davis, Yoana Y. Nuevo Ordonez, Stephen E Long
Electrolytes in serum are important biomarkers for skeletal and cellular health. The levels of electrolytes are monitored by measuring the Ca, Mg, K, Na in blood serum. Many reference methods have been developed for the determination of Ca, Mg, and ...
5. Influence of mercury and selenium chemistries on the progression of cardiomyopathy in pygmy sperm whales, Kogia breviceps
Colleen E Bryan, William C Davis, Wayne E. McFee, Carola A. Neumann, Jennifer Schulte, Gregory D. Bossart, Steven J Christopher
More than half of pygmy sperm whales (Kogia breviceps) that strand exhibit signs of cardiomyopathy (CMP). Many factors may contribute to the development of idiopathic CMP in K. breviceps, including genetics, infectious agents, contaminants, biotoxin ...
6. Organonhalogen Contaminants and Mercury in Beluga Whale Tissues Banked by the Alaska Marine Mammal Tissue Archival Project
NIST Interagency/Internal Report (NISTIR)
Jessica L Reiner, Jennifer J. Hoguet, Jennifer M Lynch, John R Kucklick, Colleen E Bryan, William C Davis, Amanda J Moors, Rebecca S Pugh, Paul R. (Paul) Becker
7. Multiple forms of Selenoprotein P in a Candidate Human Plasma Standard Reference Material
William C Davis, Lisa Ervin Kilpatrick, Eric L Kilpatrick, Guillaume Ballihaut
Selenoprotein P (SePP) is a unique selenium-containing protein responsible for the transport and distribution of the essential trace element selenium (Se) through the human body with the concentration of SePP in human blood representing the most usef ...
8. EVALUATION OF A MICROWAVE-ASSISTED METAL-LABELING STRATEGY FOR QUANTIFICATION OF PEPTIDES VIA RPLC-ICP-MS AND THE METHOD OF STANDARD ADDITIONS
Steven J Christopher, Eric L Kilpatrick, Lee Lijian Yu, William C Davis, blakely adair
NIST has performed preliminary research on applying a calibration methodology based on the method of standard additions to the quantification of lanthanide-labeled peptides via reverse-phase liquid chromatography coupled to inductively coupled plasma ...
9. A Human Urine Standard Reference Materials for Accurate Assessment of Arsenic Exposure
Lee Lijian Yu, Carl Verdon, William C Davis, Gregory C. Dr. (Gregory C.) Turk, Kathleen Caldwell, Robert Jones, Brian Buckley, Ruimin Xie
Arsenic is a toxic element, and the toxicity of the element is dependent upon the molecular form it is in. Accurate assessments of arsenic exposure require the measurement of a complete panel of inorganic, organic, and metabolite As species in urine ...
10. Discriminating Between Smoldering and Flaming Fires Using Alarm Signals
Technical Note (NIST TN)
William D. Davis
Strategies are developed that make use of signals from smoke and heat alarms to deduce conditions in a room for both flaming and smoldering fires. The issue addressed is to determine how to provide useful information to incident command for smolderi ...