You searched on: Author: Steven Robey
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 22 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Beyond Fullerene Acceptors: Comparison of Exciton Dissociation at Pc/C60 and Pc/PTCDA Interfaces
Steven W Robey, Gregory J. Dutton
The development of organic photovoltaic technologies would benefit from the introduction of non-fullerene materials to replace the dominant fullerene acceptors. However, efforts to replace fullerenes with non-fullerene polymers or small molecules ha ...
2. C60 Chain Phases on ZnPc/Ag(111) Surfaces: Pattern Formation Driven by Competing Intermolecular Interactions
Steven W Robey, W. Jin, D. B. Dougherty, W. G. Cullen, J. E. Reutt-Robey, J. Weeks, Q. Liu,
Serpentine chain C60 phases were observed in scanning tunneling microscopy (STM) images of C60 layers on ZnPc or pentacene covered Ag(111) and Au(111) surfaces. This low density, quasi-one-dimensional organization contrasts starkly with the close-pa ...
3. Dipole-Dipole Interactions in TiOPc Adlayers on Ag
Steven W Robey, Xianjie Liu, Yinying Wei, Janice E. Reutt-Robey
The molecular organization in layers of a polar phthalocyanine, titanyl phthalocyanine (TiOPc), on the Ag(110) surface was studied with scanning tunneling microscopy (STM). TiOPc molecules adsorb on Ag(110) in a tilted configuration in contrast to t ...
4. Distance-Dependent Ultrafast Dynamics at H2Pc\C60 Interfaces
Gregory John Dutton, Steven W Robey
We investigated the distance-dependence of interfacial charge transfer processes at the donor-acceptor heterojunction formed between H2Pc and C60. The interface region was formed layer-by-layer using organic molecular beam epitaxy (MBE). For each t ...
5. Sub-picosecond exciton dynamics at CuPc/C60 interfaces: Energy dependence of exciton dissociation
Steven W Robey
Donor-acceptor interfaces are critical for the operation of organic photovoltaic devices. Exciton dynamics, leading to charge separation and recombination at these interfaces, play a significant role in determining efficiency, potentially controllin ...
6. Superatom Orbitals of C60 on Ag(111) : Two Photon Photoemission and Scanning Tunneling Spectroscopy
Gregory John Dutton, Dan B. Dougherty, W. Jin, Janice E. Reutt-Robey, Steven W Robey
Two photon photoemission (2PPE) and scanning tunneling spectroscopy (STS) were used to investigate C60 layers on Ag(111), focusing on unoccupied level assignments and, in particular, superatom molecular orbitals, SAMO‰s. SAMO‰s are diffuse levels tha ...
7. Potassium Induced Charge Transfer Effects in OPE-based Molecular Layers
Steven W Robey, Gregory John Dutton
The impact of potassium (K) addition on the electronic structure of oligo- (phenylene ethynylene) (OPE) and ‹NO2 substituted OPE (NO2-OPE) self-assembled monolayers was examined using ultraviolet photoemission. Addition below 0.5 K/molecule produced ...
8. Striped Domains at the Pentacene:C^d60^ Interface
Dan B. Dougherty, W Jin, J Cullen, J Reutt-Robey, Steven W Robey
STM observations of the initial growth stages of the first layer of pentacene on a monolayer film of C60 on Ag(111) are presented. Pentacene films nucleate and grow with molecules standing up at the Pentacene:C60 interface similar to the well known ...
9. Variable Temperature Scanning Tunneling Microscopy of Pentacene Monolayer and Bilayer Phases on
Dan B. Dougherty, Jim Wei, William Cullen, Janice Reutt-Robey, Steven W Robey
Pentacene deposited onto a Ag(111) surface at 300 K is studied using
scanning tunneling microscopy at temperatures of 300 K and 50 K. At
300 K, ordered pentacene structures nucleate at Ag step edges (<i>Phys.
Rev. B</i> <b>2005 ...
10. Ultraviolet Photoemission Spectra of Para-Phenylene-Ethynylene Thiols Chemisorbed on Gold
Christopher D Zangmeister, Roger D van Zee, Steven W Robey, N E Gruhn, Yuxing Yao, J M Tour
Photoemission spectra of para-phenylene-ethynylene thiols chemisorbed on gold have been measured. Four compounds were studied: 4,4'-bis(phenylethynyl)-benzenethiol, 4 (phenylethynyl)benzenethiol, 4-ethynylbenzenethiol, and benzenethiol. The spectra w ...