You searched on: Author: dylan williams
Displaying records 31 to 40 of 180 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
31. Rectangular-Waveguide Vector-Network-Analyzer Calibrations With Imperfect Test Ports
Dylan F Williams
We present a strategy for correcting for imperfect interfaces between the test ports of a vector network analyzer, the calibration standards and the devices under test. This corrects for the inconsistencies in calibrations introduced by using flush t ...
32. Multi-Frequency Approach to Vector-Network-Analyzer Scattering-Parameter Measurements
Arkadiusz C. Lewandowski, Dylan F Williams, Wojciech Wiatr
We present a multi-frequency approach to vector-network-analyzer scattering-parameter measurements. This novel approach accounts for the relationships between the measurements at different frequencies, and thus breaks with the traditional paradigm t ...
33. Use of Electronic Calibration Units for Vector-Network-Analyzer Verification
Dylan F Williams, Arkadiusz C. Lewandowski, Denis X. LeGolvan, Ronald A Ginley, Chih-Ming Wang, Jolene D Splett
We present measurements indicating that electronic calibration units are stable enough to be used in place of mechanical vector-network-analyzer verification artifacts. This enables a new fully automated approach to verifying microwave vector-network ...
34. A New Electronic Verification Method for Vector Network Analyzers
Ronald A Ginley, Dylan F Williams, Denis X. LeGolvan
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has recently introduced a new method for the verification of Vector Network Analyzers (VNAs). The technique is based on the new electronic calibration units that are available from several ma ...
35. Covariance-Based Vector-Network-Analyzer Uncertainty Analysis for Time- and Frequency-Domain Measurements
Arkadiusz C. Lewandowski, Dylan F Williams, Paul D Hale, Chih-Ming Wang, Andrew M Dienstfrey
We develop a covariance-matrix-based uncertainty analysis for vector-network-analyzer scattering-parameter measurements. The covariance matrix captures all of the measurement uncertainties and statistical correlations between them. This allows the un ...
36. Identifying RF Identification Cards from Measurements of Resonance and Carrier Harmonics
Henry Romero, Catherine A Remley, Dylan F Williams, Chih-Ming Wang, Timothy X. Brown
We show that careful measurements of the unloaded
resonant frequency and quality factor of radio frequency
identification proximity cards allow identification of different
card models and, for the set of cards we studied, identification
with mini ...
37. Electro-optic sampling for traceable high-speed electrical measurements
Paul D Hale, Dylan F Williams
We will describe how the complex frequency response of a high-speed photodiode is calibrated by use of electro-optic sampling. Our uncertainty analysis includes a unique covariance-matrix based method that allows us to transform uncertainties between ...
38. Measurement Bandwidth Extension Using Multisine Signals: Propagation of Error
Catherine A Remley, Dominique Schreurs, M. Myslinski, Dylan F Williams
We describe a post-processing technique that can extend the effective measurement bandwidth of narrowband vector receivers by phase aligning overlapping measurements. The method requires only knowledge of the desired phases of a periodic, multisine e ...
39. Comparison of Large-Signal-Network-Analyzer Calibrations
Dylan F Williams, Catherine A Remley, Joe Gering, Grand Aivazian
We develop a procedure and metrics for comparing large-signal-network-analyzer calibrations. The metrics we develop provide a bound on differences between measurements obtained from large-signal-network-analyzer calibrations, as well as more specific ...
40. From the Editor's Desk: The Impact Factor and How it Impacts You
Dylan F Williams, Catherine A Remley
We discuss the impact factor and other metrics for rating publications in the microwave field