You searched on: Author: andras vladar Sorted by: date
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 159 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Scanning electron microscope measurement of width and shape of 10 nm patterned lines using a JMONSEL-modeled library
John S Villarrubia, Andras Vladar, Bin Ming, Regis J Kline, Daniel Franklin Sunday, Jasmeet Chawla, Scott List
The width and shape of 10 nm to 12 nm wide lithographically patterned SiO2 lines were measured in the scanning electron microscope by fitting the measured intensity vs. position to a physics-based model in which the lines‰ widths and shapes are param ...
2. NIST-TAPPI Workshop on Measurement Needs for Cellulose Nanomaterial
Special Publication (NIST SP)
Chelsea Simone Davis, Robert J Moon, Sean Ireland, Linda Johnston, Jo Anne Shatkin, Kim Nelson, E. Johan Foster, Aaron M Forster, Michael T Postek, Andras Vladar, Jeffrey W Gilman
A one-day workshop focused on the Measurement Needs for Cellulosic Nanomaterials was organized
by the National Institute of Standards and Technology and held in conjunction with the 2014
TAPPI International Conference on Nanotechnology for Renewa ...
3. Nanometer level sampling and control of a scanning electron microscope
Bradley N Damazo, Andras Vladar, Olivier Marc Marie-Rose, John A Kramar
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) is developing a specialized, metrology scanning electron microscope (SEM), having a metrology sample stage measured by a 38 picometer resolution, high-bandwidth laser interferometer system. Th ...
4. Optimizing Hybrid Metrology: Rigorous Implementation of Bayesian and Combined Regression
Mark Alexander Henn, Richard M Silver, Nien F Zhang, Hui Zhou, Bryan M Barnes, Bin Ming, Andras Vladar, John S Villarrubia
Hybrid metrology, e.g. the combination of several measurement techniques to determine critical dimensions, is an important approach to meet the needs of semiconductor industry. A proper use of hybrid metrology may not only yield more reliable estimat ...
5. Effects of wafer noise on the detection of 20 nm defects using optical volumetric inspection
Bryan M Barnes, Francois R. Goasmat, Martin Y Sohn, Hui Zhou, Andras Vladar, Richard M Silver
Patterning imperfections in semiconductor device fabrication may either be noncritical [e.g., line edge roughness (LER)] or critical, such as defects that impact manufacturing yield. As the sizes of the pitches and linewidths decrease in lithography, ...
6. New Insights into Subsurface Imaging of Carbon Nanotubes in Polymer Composites via Scanning Electron Microscopy
Minhua Zhao, Bin Ming, Jae-Woo Kim, Luke J Gibbons, Xiaohong Gu, Tinh Nguyen, Cheol Park, Peter T Lillehei, John S Villarrubia, Andras Vladar, James Alexander Liddle
Despite many studies of subsurface imaging of carbon nanotube (CNT)-polymer composites via scanning electron microscopy (SEM), significant controversy exists concerning the imaging depth and contrast mechanisms. We studied CNT-polyimide composites an ...
7. Low-Loss Electron Imagine for Enhanced Surface Detail in the Scanning Electron Microscope: The Contributions of Oliver C. Wells
Michael T Postek, Andras Vladar
Low-loss electron (LLE) imaging in the scanning electron microscope (SEM) is based on the collection of energy-filtered backscattered electrons that have undergone minimal elastic interactions within a sample and therefore can carry high-resolution, ...
8. Recovery of background structures in nanoscale Helium Ion Microscope imaging, and the use of
progressive fractional diffusion smoothing.
Journal of Research (NIST JRES)
This paper discusses a two step enhancement technique applicable to noisy Helium Ion Microscope
images in which background structures are not easily discernible due to a weak signal. The
method is based on a preliminary adaptive histogram equaliz ...
9. Nanomanufacturing Concerns about Measurements made in the SEM
Part III: Vibration and Drift
Michael T Postek, Andras Vladar, Petr Cizmar
Many advanced manufacturing processes employ scanning electron microscopes (SEM) for on-line critical measurements for process and quality control. This is the third of a series of papers discussing various causes of measurement uncertainty in scanne ...
10. 3D Monte Carlo modeling of the SEM: Are there applications to photomask metrology?
John S Villarrubia, Andras Vladar, Michael T Postek
The ability to model the effect of fields due to charges trapped in insulators with floating conductors has been added to JMONSEL (Java Monte Carlo simulator for Secondary Electrons) and applied to a simple photomask metal on glass geometry. These ca ...