You searched on:
Author: blaza toman
Sorted by: title
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 35 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. A Bayesian Approach to Assessing Uncertainty and Calculating a Reference Value in Key Comparison Experiments
2. A Bayesian Approach to Gas Chromatography Calibration and Prediction for Multiple Laboratory Experiments With Co-Extracted Material
D Malec, Blaza Toman
3. A Bayesian Approach to the Evaluation of Comparisons of Individually Value-Assigned Reference Materials
A new data analysis procedure is presented for the evaluation of comparisons of reference materials
individually prepared and value-assigned by different organizations to measurements made in a single
laboratory under repeatability measurements. Th ...
4. A Case Study of a Community Affected by the Witch and Guejito Fires: Report #2 ‹ Evaluating the
Effects of Hazard Mitigation Actions on Structure Ignitions
Technical Note (NIST TN)
Alexander Maranghides, Derek McNamara, William Mell, Jason Trook, Blaza Toman
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has a suite of research projects
addressing risk reduction in Wildland Urban Interface (WUI) communities. The NIST WUI Team was
invited by CAL FIRE to collect post incident data from the ...
5. After Two Decades a Second Anchor for the VPDB delta-13-C Scale
T.B. Coplen, W.A. Brand, M. Gehre, M. Groning, H.A.J. Meijer, Blaza Toman, R Michael Verkouteren
6. Alternative analyses of the measurements of Planck Constant
We compare different methods for the adjustment of the Planck constant using recent, inconsistent
data. First we discuss the popular Birge ratio method. By stating the underlying statistical model we
critically assess and modify this method. We the ...
7. An international assessment of the metrological equivalence of higher-order measurement services for creatinine in serum
Johanna Camara, Katrice A Lippa, David Lee Duewer, Hugo H. Gasca-Aragon, Blaza Toman
Background: The CCQM-K80 Key Comparison directly assessed the equivalence of many of the world‰s higher-order value-assigned materials (HOVAMs) for creatinine in human serum. This 2009 international study compared the certified values and uncertaint ...
8. Analysis of Sensitivity of VCCTL Measurements to Various Input Quantities
Adriana Hornikova, Blaza Toman, Nien F Zhang, Hung-Kung Liu, Robert Charles Hagwood, Edward Joseph Garboczi, Jeffrey W Bullard
Virtual measurements are the outputs of well-defined mathematical models based on theoretical principles and simulation algorithms. The VCCTL (Virtual Cement and Concrete Testing Laboratory) is a software system built by the Material and Construction ...
9. Assessment of measurement uncertainty via observation equations
Antonio M Possolo, Blaza Toman
According to the Guide to the Expression of Uncertainty in Measurement, measurement uncertainty is assessed by computational propagation of error based on a measurement equation that expresses the measurand as a known function of input variables. How ...
10. Bayesian uncertainty analysis for a regression model versus application of GUM Supplement 1 to the least-squares estimate
Blaza Toman, Clemens Elster
Application of least-squares as, for instance, in curve fitting is an important tool of data analysis in metrology. It is tempting to employ the supplement 1 to the GUM (GUM-S1) to evaluate the uncertainty associated with the resulting parameter esti ...