You searched on:
Author: blaza toman
Sorted by: title
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 30 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. A Bayesian Approach to Assessing Uncertainty and Calculating a Reference Value in Key Comparison Experiments
2. A Bayesian Approach to Gas Chromatography Calibration and Prediction for Multiple Laboratory Experiments With Co-Extracted Material
D Malec, Blaza Toman
3. A Case Study of a Community Affected by the Witch and Guejito Fires: Report #2 – Evaluating the
Effects of Hazard Mitigation Actions on Structure Ignitions
Technical Note (NIST TN)
Alexander Maranghides, Derek McNamara, William Mell, Jason Trook, Blaza Toman
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has a suite of research projects
addressing risk reduction in Wildland Urban Interface (WUI) communities. The NIST WUI Team was
invited by CAL FIRE to collect post incident data from the ...
4. After Two Decades a Second Anchor for the VPDB delta-13-C Scale
T.B. Coplen, W.A. Brand, M. Gehre, M. Groning, H.A.J. Meijer, Blaza Toman, R Michael Verkouteren
5. An international assessment of the metrological equivalence of higher-order measurement services for creatinine in serum
Johanna Camara, Katrice A Lippa, David Lee Duewer, Hugo H. Gasca-Aragon, Blaza Toman
Background: The CCQM-K80 Key Comparison directly assessed the equivalence of many of the world’s higher-order value-assigned materials (HOVAMs) for creatinine in human serum. This 2009 international study compared the certified values and uncertaint ...
6. Analysis of Sensitivity of VCCTL Measurements to Various Input Quantities
Adriana Hornikova, Blaza Toman, Nien F Zhang, Hung-Kung Liu, Robert Charles Hagwood, Edward Joseph Garboczi, Jeffrey W Bullard
Virtual measurements are the outputs of well-defined mathematical models based on theoretical principles and simulation algorithms. The VCCTL (Virtual Cement and Concrete Testing Laboratory) is a software system built by the Material and Construction ...
7. Assessment of measurement uncertainty via observation equations
Antonio M Possolo, Blaza Toman
According to the Guide to the Expression of Uncertainty in Measurement, measurement uncertainty is assessed by computational propagation of error based on a measurement equation that expresses the measurand as a known function of input variables. How ...
8. Bayesian uncertainty analysis under prior ignorance of the measurand vs. analysis using the Supplement to the Guide: A comparison
Blaza Toman, Clemens Elster
A recent supplement to the GUM (GUM S1) is compared with a Bayesian analysis in terms of a particular task of data analysis, one where no prior knowledge of the measurand is presumed. For the Bayesian analysis, an improper prior density on the measur ...
9. Calibration and Uncertainty Analysis of Predictions from Computational Models
Computer experiments, that is, experiments performed using a mathematical model of a physical or chemical process implemented using a computer simulation are especially useful when extensive physical experimentation is either impossible or too expens ...
10. Comments on 'Bayesian evaluation of comparison data' by Ignacio Lira
Raghu N Kacker, Blaza Toman
A recent paper by Ignacio Lira in Metrologia 43 (2006) S231-S234 addresses a well-known problem in combining information from interlaboratory evaluations. Lira presents an expression, which he claims to be the kernel of a Bayesian posterior probabili ...