You searched on:
Author: keana scott
Sorted by: title
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 12 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. 3D Imaging of Diatoms with Ion-abrasion Scanning Electron Microscopy
Keana C K Scott, Mark Hildebrand, Sang Kim, Dan Shi, Sriram Subramaniam
Ion-abrasion scanning electron microscopy (IASEM) takes advantage of focused ion beams to abrade thin sections from the surface of bulk specimens, coupled with SEM to image the surface of each section, enabling 3D reconstructions of subcellular archi ...
2. 3D elemental and structural analysis of biological specimens using electrons and ions
Keana C K Scott
We demonstrate the utility of focused ion beam scanning electron microscopy (FIB SEM) combined with energy dispersive x-ray spectrometry (EDS) for 3-dimensional (3D) morphological and elemental correlative analysis of sub-cellular features. Althoug ...
3. Analysis of 3D elemental mapping artifacts in biological specimens using Monte Carlo simulation
Keana C K Scott, Nicholas W m Ritchie
In this paper, we present the Monte Carlo simulation results demonstrating the feasibility of the focused ion beam based X-ray microanalysis technique (FIB-EDS) for the 3D elemental analysis of biological samples. We used a marine diatom Thalassiosi ...
4. Characterization of SiGe Films for use as a National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Microanalysis Reference material (RM 8905)
Ryna B. Marinenko, Shirley Turner, David S Simons, Savelas A Rabb, Rolf Louis Zeisler, Lee Lijian Yu, Dale E Newbury, Rick L Paul, Nicholas W m Ritchie, Stefan D Leigh, Michael R Winchester, Lee J Richter, Douglas C Meier, Keana C K Scott, D Klinedinst, John A Small
Bulk SiGe wafers cut from single-crystal boules and two SiGe thick films (4 m and 5 m thick) on Si wafers were evaluated with the electron probe microanalyzer for the extent of heterogeneity and composition for use as reference materi ...
5. Detection and Speciation of Brominated Flame Retardants in Consumer Products and Household Dust
Richard D Holbrook, Jeffrey M Davis, Keana C K Scott, Christopher W Szakal
The ubiquitous presence of brominated flame retardants in humans, biota, and the environment has caused concerns about their toxicity, transformations, and persistence. Polymeric materials, which often are intercalated with include brominated flame ...
6. Effects of nanoparticle size and charge on interactions with self-assembled collagen
Dongbo Wang, Jing (Jing) Ye, Steven D Hudson, Keana C K Scott, Sheng Lin-Gibson
Recent insights into bone formation have suggested that the critical first step to the biomineralization process is the integration of small (nanometer dimension) mineral clusters into collagen fibers. Such behavior is of intrinsic interest for the a ...
7. Impact of UV Irradiation on the Surface Chemistry and Structure of Multiwall Carbon Nanotube Epoxy Nanocomposites
Elijah J Petersen, Thomas Fung Lam, Justin M Gorham, Keana C K Scott, Christian John Long, Deborah L Stanley, Renu Sharma, James Alexander Liddle, Tinh Nguyen
One of the most promising applications of nanomaterials is as nanofillers to enhance the properties of polymeric materials. However, the effect of nanofillers on polymers subject to typical environmental stresses, such as ultraviolet (UV) radiation, ...
8. Live, video-rate super-resolution microscopy using structured illumination and rapid GPU-based parallel processing
Jonathan A. Lefman, Keana C K Scott, Javed Khan, Stephan J Stranick
Structured illumination fluorescence microscopy is a powerful super resolution method that is capable of achieving a resolution below 100 nm. Each super-resolution image is computationally constructed from a set of differentially illuminated images. ...
9. Minimizing damage during FIB-TEM sample preparation of soft materials
Nabil Bassim, Bradley De Gregorio, A. D. Kilcoyne, Keana C K Scott, Tsngming Chou, S. Wirick, George Cody, Rhonda Stroud
Although focused ion beam (FIB) microscopy has been used successfully for milling patterns and creating ultra-thin transmission electron microscopy (TEM) sections of polymers and other soft materials, little has been documented regarding FIB-induced ...
10. Multi-method analysis of multiwall carbon nanotube polymer nanocomposite samples after photodegradation
Elijah J Petersen, Thomas Fung Lam, Justin M Gorham, Keana C K Scott, Christian John Long, Renu Sharma, Li Piin Sung, James Alexander Liddle, Tinh Nguyen
Nanomaterials can be used as nanofillers to enhance the properties of polymeric materials. However, the effect of weathering on nanocomposites and the potential for nanomaterial release is not yet well understood. Multiple analytical methods are ne ...