You searched on:
Author: anne plant
Displaying records 11 to 20 of 47 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
11. The Nanomechanical Properties of Thin Film of Type I Collagen Fibrils
Koo-Hyun Chung, Kiran Bhadriraju, Tighe Spurlin, Robert Francis Cook, Anne L Plant
Cells sense and respond to the mechanical properties of the substrate to which they adhere. Matrices composed of collagen have been an important experimental system to study cell responses to the stiffness of the extracellular matrix. We had previo ...
12. A mechanistically relevant cytotoxicity assay based on the detection of cellular GFP
Michael W Halter, Jamie L Almeida, Alessandro Tona, Kenneth D Cole, Anne L Plant, John T Elliott
Cell-based assays for measuring ribosome inhibition by proteins such as the plant toxin ricin are important for characterizing decontamination strategies and developing detection technologies for field use. We report here an assay for ricin that prov ...
13. Cell volume distributions reveal cell growth rates and division times
Michael W Halter, John T Elliott, Joseph Bunton Hubbard, Alessandro Tona, Anne L Plant
A population of cells in culture displays a range of phenotypic responses, even when those cells are derived from a single cell and are exposed to a homogeneous environment. Phenotypic variability can have a number of sources, including the variable ...
14. Surface plasmon resonance imaging of cells and surface-associated fibronectin
Alexander W Peterson, Michael W Halter, Alessandro Tona, Kiran Bhadriraju, Anne L Plant
A critical challenge in cell biology is quantifying the interactions of cells with their extracellular matrix (ECM) environment and the active remodeling by cells of their ECM. Fluorescence microscopy is a commonly employed technique for ...
15. A vacuum manifold for rapid world-to-chip connectivity of complex PDMS microdevices
Gregory A Cooksey, Anne L Plant, Francisco Javier Atencia
The lack of simple interfaces for microfluidic devices with a large number of inlets significantly limits production and utilization of these devices. In this paper, we describe the fabrication of a reusable manifold that provides rapid world-to-chi ...
16. The Stiffness of Collagen Fibrils Influences Vascular Smooth Muscle Cell Phenotype
Dennis P. McDaniel, Gordon Allan Shaw, John T Elliott, Kiran Bhadriraju, Curtis W Meuse, Koo-Hyun Chung, Anne L Plant
Cells receive signals from the extracellular matrix through receptor-dependent interactions, but they are also influenced by the mechanical properties of the matrix. While bulk properties of substrates have been shown to effect cell behavior, we sho ...
17. ROCK Controls Matrix Synthesis in Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells - Coupling Vasoconstriction to Vascular Remodeling
R. Chapados, K. Abe, K. Ihida-Stansbury, D. McKean, A. T. Gates, M. Kern, S. Merklinger, John T Elliott, Anne L Plant, H. Shimokawa, P. Jones
18. Tools for Quantitative and Validated Measurements of Cells
Anne L Plant, John T Elliott, A. Tona, Dennis P. McDaniel, K J. Langenbach
19. Thin films of Type 1 collagen for cell by cell analysis of morphology and tenascin-C promoter activity
K J. Langenbach, John T Elliott, Alessandro Tona, Dennis P. McDaniel, Anne L Plant
20. Mechanical Stability of Collagen Fibril Networks
Gordon Allan Shaw, Dennis P. McDaniel, John T Elliott, Alessandro Tona, Anne L Plant
Thin films of type 1 collagen fibril networks fabricated on alkanethiol-functionalized surfaces have been previously shown to provide an excellent protein matrix for cultured cells in applications such as drug toxicity studies and studies of cell sig ...