You searched on:
Author: elena messina
Displaying records 111 to 120 of 129 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
111. The Challenge of Intelligent Systems
A Meystel, Elena R Messina
This paper analyzes the meaning of intelligence within the domain of
intelligent control. Because of historical reasons, there are varying and diverse
definitions of what constitutes an intelligent control system. Due to the multidisciplinary
112. An Open Architecture Inspection System
Elena R Messina, Hui-Min Huang, Harry A. Scott
The benefits of open architectures are not currently
available for most manufacturing equipment. We describe a
testbed for experimenting with an open architecture controller
for an inspection system. An initial taxonomy of categories of
113. An Architecture and Tool for Large-scale System Control with a manufacturing system application
Hui-Min Huang, James S. Albus, William P Shackleford, Harry A. Scott, Thomas Rollin Kramer, Elena R Messina, Frederick M Proctor
This paper describes a reference architecture
that is applicable to multiple classes of
large-scale, complex real-time control
systems. An associated tool, Generic Shell,
is also described. Generic Shell employs a
set of code templates that faci ...
114. Proceedings of the Open Architecture in Metrology Automation Workshop, Gaithersburg, MD, May 2 & 3, 2000
John A Horst, Elena R Messina, John Evans, Dennis A Swyt
115. An Automated Hierarchical Process Planning System
Thomas Rollin Kramer, Hui-Min Huang, Elena R Messina, Frederick M Proctor, Harry A. Scott
This paper describes an automated hierarchical process planning system for machining and inspecting discrete parts in an RCS type control system. The system integrates planning with control of a 3-axis machining center and a coordinate measuring mach ...
116. Formalizing the NIST 4-D/RCS Reference Model Architecture Using an Architectural Description Language
NIST Interagency/Internal Report (NISTIR)
Christopher E Dabrowski, Hui-Min Huang, Elena R Messina, John A Horst
Software Engineering, Knowledge Engineering
117. A Knowledge-Based Inspection Workstation
Elena R Messina, John A Horst, Thomas Rollin Kramer, Hui-Min Huang, Tsung-Ming Tsai, E Amatucci
We are building an inspection workstation development
environment to use as a testbed for understanding what
types of knowledge, e.g., data, algorithms, and processes,
can increase the productivity of inspection operations.
Inspection can be more ...
118. Representation of the RCS Reference Model Architecture Using An Architectural Description Language
Elena R Messina, Christopher E Dabrowski, Hui-Min Huang, John A Horst
Software Engineering, Robotics & Intelligent Systems, Miscellaneous
119. Component Specifications for Robotics Integration
Elena R Messina, John A Horst, Thomas Rollin Kramer, Hui-Min Huang, John L Michaloski
Robotics researchers have been unable to capitalize easily on existing
software components to speed up their development eorts and maximize their
system's capabilities. A component-based approach for building the software for
robotics systems can ...
120. Mission Structure for an Unmanned Vehicle
A Meystel, Yigal Moscovitz, Elena R Messina
The 4-D/Real-Time Control Systems Architecture (4-
D/RCS) defines a hierarchical decomposition for
intelligent systems, with corresponding command and
control pathways. In order to design the vehicle¿s
behavior generation functions, we developed ...