You searched on:
Author: elena messina
Displaying records 111 to 120 of 127 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
111. An Architecture and Tool for Large-scale System Control with a manufacturing system application
Hui-Min Huang, James S. Dr. Albus, William P Shackleford, Harry A. Scott, Thomas Rollin Kramer, Elena R Messina, Frederick M Proctor
This paper describes a reference architecture
that is applicable to multiple classes of
large-scale, complex real-time control
systems. An associated tool, Generic Shell,
is also described. Generic Shell employs a
set of code templates that faci ...
112. Proceedings of the Open Architecture in Metrology Automation Workshop, Gaithersburg, MD, May 2 & 3, 2000
John A Horst, Elena R Messina, John Evans, Dennis A Swyt
113. An Automated Hierarchical Process Planning System
Thomas Rollin Kramer, Hui-Min Huang, Elena R Messina, Frederick M Proctor, Harry A. Scott
This paper describes an automated hierarchical process planning system for machining and inspecting discrete parts in an RCS type control system. The system integrates planning with control of a 3-axis machining center and a coordinate measuring mach ...
114. Formalizing the NIST 4-D/RCS Reference Model Architecture Using an Architectural Description Language
NIST Interagency/Internal Report (NISTIR)
Christopher E Dabrowski, Hui-Min Huang, Elena R Messina, John A Horst
Software Engineering, Knowledge Engineering
115. A Knowledge-Based Inspection Workstation
Elena R Messina, John A Horst, Thomas Rollin Kramer, Hui-Min Huang, Tsung-Ming Tsai, E Amatucci
We are building an inspection workstation development
environment to use as a testbed for understanding what
types of knowledge, e.g., data, algorithms, and processes,
can increase the productivity of inspection operations.
Inspection can be more ...
116. Representation of the RCS Reference Model Architecture Using An Architectural Description Language
Elena R Messina, Christopher E Dabrowski, Hui-Min Huang, John A Horst
Software Engineering, Robotics & Intelligent Systems, Miscellaneous
117. Component Specifications for Robotics Integration
Elena R Messina, John A Horst, Thomas Rollin Kramer, Hui-Min Huang, John L Michaloski
Robotics researchers have been unable to capitalize easily on existing
software components to speed up their development eorts and maximize their
system's capabilities. A component-based approach for building the software for
robotics systems can ...
118. Mission Structure for an Unmanned Vehicle
A Meystel, Yigal Moscovitz, Elena R Messina
The 4-D/Real-Time Control Systems Architecture (4-
D/RCS) defines a hierarchical decomposition for
intelligent systems, with corresponding command and
control pathways. In order to design the vehicle¿s
behavior generation functions, we developed ...
119. Advanced MMI/MP for Demo III XUVs
Stephen B. Balakirsky, M J Salonish, S D Allen, Elena R Messina, J Salinas
This paper outlines the goals and work accomplished thus far for both the man-machine interface (MMI) and mission
planning (MP) elements of the eXperimental Unmanned Vehicle (XUV) program. It is the goal of the XUV program to make
available to the ...
120. Intelligent System Control: A Unified Approach and Applications
Hui-Min Huang, Harry A. Scott, Elena R Messina, Maris Juberts, Richard Quintero
The hierarchical real-time control system (RCS) reference model architecture that is under development at the National
Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) aims at designing and developing intelligent control for large
and complex systems. ...