You searched on:
Author: steven emmerich
Displaying records 21 to 30 of 79 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
21. NIST Technical Note 1735 LoopDA 3.0- Natural Ventilation Design and Analysis Software User Guide
Technical Note (NIST TN)
William S Dols, Steven J Emmerich, Brian J Polidoro
LoopDA 3.0 is an update to version 1.0 of the natural ventlation design tool developed by the
Natural Institute of Standards and Technology. This software tool can be utilized to determine the
size of natural ventilation openings necessary to pro ...
22. U.S. Commercial Building Airtightness Requirements and Measurements
Steven J Emmerich, Andrew Keith Persily
In 1998, Persily published a review of commercial and institutional building airtightness data that found significant levels of air leakage and debunked the ,mythŠ of the airtight commercial building. Since that time, the U.S. National Institute of S ...
23. Impacts of Adaptive Thermal Comfort on climatic Suitability of Natural Ventilation in Office Buildings
Steven J Emmerich, Brian J Polidoro, James W Axley
In earlier work (Axley and Emmerich 2002), NIST developed a climate suitability analysis technique to evaluate the potential of a given location for direct ventilative cooling and complimentary nighttime ventilative cooling. The direct ventilative co ...
24. Indoor Air Quality in Energy Efficient Buildings
Andrew Keith Persily, Steven J Emmerich
Building energy efficiency has been an important goal for decades. Since the energy crisis of the 1970s, much has been learned about how to improve energy efficiency in buildings. More recently, given increases in energy costs and concerns about the ...
25. Measured CO Concentrations at NIST IAQ Test House from Operation of Portable Electric Generators in Attached Garage ‹ Interim Report
Steven J Emmerich, Liangzhu Wang
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is concerned about the hazard of acute residential CO exposures from portable gasoline powered generators that can result in death or serious and/or lasting adverse health effects in exposed individu ...
26. Modeling the Effects of Outdoor Use of Portable Gasoline Powered Generator Exhaust on Indoor Carbon Monoxide Exposure
Steven J Emmerich, Leon Wang
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has reported that up to half of non-fatal CO poisoning incidents during the hurricane seasons in 2004 and 2005 involved generators operated outdoors but within seven feet of the home. We condu ...
27. Ultrafine Particles: 3 Years of Measurements in the NIST Test House
Lance L. Wallace, Andrew Keith Persily, Steven J Emmerich, Dong H. Rim, Chi Phuong Hoang, Cynthia H. Reed, Wang Fang, M E. Greene, Jung I. Choi
NIST has supported research characterizing ultrafine particle sources and dynamics for more
than a decade. Over 90 % of ultrafine particles (UFP) produced by stovetop cooking on both gas
and electric stoves were <10 nm in diameter. Emission rates o ...
28. Simultaneous Solutions of Coupled Thermal Airflow Problem for Natural Ventilation in Buildings
Steven J Emmerich, William S Dols, Liangzhu (Leon) Wang
Natural and hybrid ventilation are sustainable building ventilation strategies, where airflow is driven naturally by thermal buoyancy and/or wind forces other than pure mechanical means. The simulation and design of these systems thus need to conside ...
29. ASHRAE Standard 62.2: What is it, what‰s new, and who‰s using it
Steven J Emmerich
Readers of the November 2010 IAQ Applications column by Bud Offermann learned about a large, residential IAQ study that highlighted the importance of mechanical ventilation in U.S. homes. ASHRAE Standard 62.2-2010 Ventilation and Acceptable Indoor Ai ...
30. In situ Experimental Study of Carbon Monoxide Generation by Gasoline-powered Electricity Generator in an Enclosed Space
Liangzhu Wang, Steven J Emmerich
About 98 % of generator-related carbon monoxide (CO) fatalities in recent years were caused by running operating gasoline-powered generators in enclosed spaces. With an increasing market demand for portable, gasoline-powered electric generators, a be ...