N42-2011 Simple Spectrometer
ANSI/IEEE N42.42 Standard project
This is a simple document from a 256-channel spectroscopic analyzer (MCA). The document contains:
- The definition of the radiation measurement instrument, a "Radionuclide identifier", via <RadInstrumentInformation>.
- The definition of the radiation detector, a Nal scintillator, via <RadDetectorInformation>.
- The energy calibration used by the radiation detector, given as a quadratic equation.
- A spectrum measurement,via <RadMeasurement>. The data were acquired beginning November 10, 2011, at 11:45:19 P.M, Mountain Standard Time. the real time is 60 seconds, and the live time is 59.61 seconds.
- In addition, the sample is provided but using an alternative energy calibration. In this case energy boundaries are used for the energy calibration.
Simple spectrometer example file: http://physics.nist.gov/N42/2011/AnnexB.n42
Simple spectrometer with alternative energy calibration example file: http://physics.nist.gov/N42/2011/AnnexB_alternate_energy_calibration.n42