NIST Diffusion Workshop Group
The 2014 Diffusion Workshop will be held April 28-29 at NIST. The tentative agenda is available (agenda).
For more information, please contact Carelyn Campbell.
The 2013 Workshop presentations are available online.
- To improve communication between experts in multicomponent diffusion measurement, analysis and simulation.
- To establish the most efficient method for extracting diffusion data (diffusion coefficients, fluxes, marker location) from multicomponent diffusion couple experiments.
- To provide a forum to solve common diffusion software execution problems.
- To agree on a common diffusion mobility database assessment procedure.
- To establish a general approach to data handling and diffusion modeling in ordered phases.
- To develop standard problems and web site for inter-laboratory comparison of diffusion simulation methods and data extraction techniques.
- First Workshop March 27&28, 2003
- Second Workshop September 16&17, 2003
- Third Workshop April 1&2, 2004
- Fourth Workshop April 19&20, 2005
- Fifth Workshop February 7&8, 2006
- Sixth Workshop May 14&15, 2007
- Seventh Workshop May 12&13, 2008
- Eighth Workshop March 25&26, 2009
- Ninth Workshop March 23&24, 2010
- Tenth Workshop 2011
- Eleventh Workshop May 3&4, 2012
Software and Data Tools
Macros for Standard Diffusion Problems
Upcoming Diffusion Conferences
- DIMAT 2014 (International Conference on Diffusion in Materials)
- Conference Location: Munster, Germany
- Conference Dates:August 17-22, 2014
- Diffusion in Solids and Liquids 2014
- Conference Location: Paris, France
- Conference Dates: June 23-27, 2014