NIST Diffusion Workshop Group
The 2013 Workshop was held on May 9th and 10th at NIST. The focus of the workshop will be on diffusion data and the MGI. The agenda and presentations from the workshop are available online.
- To improve communication between experts in multicomponent diffusion measurement, analysis and simulation.
- To establish the most efficient method for extracting diffusion data (diffusion coefficients, fluxes, marker location) from multicomponent diffusion couple experiments.
- To provide a forum to solve common diffusion software execution problems.
- To agree on a common diffusion mobility database assessment procedure.
- To establish a general approach to data handling and diffusion modeling in ordered phases.
- To develop standard problems and web site for inter-laboratory comparison of diffusion simulation methods and data extraction techniques.
- First Workshop March 27&28, 2003
- Second Workshop September 16&17, 2003
- Third Workshop April 1&2, 2004
- Fourth Workshop April 19&20, 2005
- Fifth Workshop February 7&8, 2006
- Sixth Workshop May 14&15, 2007
- Seventh Workshop May 12&13, 2008
- Eighth Workshop March 25&26, 2009
- Ninth Workshop March 23&24, 2010
- Tenth Workshop 2011
- Eleventh Workshop May 3&4, 2012
Software and Data Tools
Macros for Standard Diffusion Problems
Upcoming Diffusion Conferences
- Diffusion Fundamentals V: Basics of Diffusion Theory, Experiment and Application
- Conference Location: Leipzig, Germany
- Conference Dates:August 26-29, 2013
- Diffusion in Solids and Liquids 2013
- Conference Location: Madrid, Spain
- Conference Dates: June 24-28, 2013