LEGACY - Census & NIST Sponsored OCR Conferences
The following lists contain information from the Census & NIST sponsored OCR conferences. These files are also available from our anonymous ftp server sequoyah.nist.gov.
If there is a discrepancy between online and published version of a document, the published version is authoritative.
First OCR Conference
- test1_an.zip [710K] - PKZIP file, from the floppy disk included with the First Census Conference test CD-ROM, containing files with the answers, plurality hypotheses, and information identifying the writers of each character.
- test1_readme.txt - The file "readme.txt" from the above floppy disk, further documenting the files.
- test1.tar.Z [476K] - Compressed tar file, designed for UNIX users, containing the files in the PKZIP file above and the file "readme.txt".
- NISTIR_4912 - The First Census OCR Systems Conference report.
Second OCR Conference
- announce.tar.Z [20K] - Files describing the Second OCR Systems Conference task, file formats, etc.
- samples_1.tar [12,665K] - Contains a directory with a sampling of Industry and Occupation miniform images. It has the same directory structure that was used for the Second OCR Systems Conference training CD-ROM's (Special Databases 11 and 12). The subdirectory "data" contains images from microfilm (100 files, 500 miniforms, 1500 total fields) and no reference files, while the subdirectory "data3" contains images from paper (60 files, 300 miniforms, 900 total fields) and the corresponding reference files.
- samples_2.tar [15,409K]- Contains a directory with a sampling of Industry and Occupation miniform images. It has the same general directory structure that was used for the Second OCR Systems Conference training CD-ROM's (Special Databases 11 and 12). The directory contains images from microfilm (200 files, 1000 miniforms, 3000 total fields) and the corresponding reference files, and is a copy of the subdirectory "data" from the Special Database 11 CD-ROM.
- refs_paper.tar.Z [103K] - Reference files for paper Conference test images (9000 total fields), available on CD-ROM ( Special Database 13).
- refs_microfilm.tar.Z [102K] - Reference files for microfilm Conference test images (9000 total fields), available on CD-ROM ( Special Database 13).
NISTIR 5452 - The Second Census Optical Character Recognition Systems Conference.