BioCTS for ISO/IEC Biometric Data Interchange Format Standards and Selected PIV Profiles
BioCTS for ISO/IEC includes Conformance Test Suites (CTSs) designed to test implementations of:
- Biometric Data Interchange Formats
- Full CBEFF Biometric Information Records (BIRs)
- Individual Components of the CBEFF BIR
The following is a list of the available test tools and the relevant standards used in their development:
First Generation (1G)
Second Generation (2G)
- ISO/IEC 19794-2:2005
- ISO/IEC 19794-4:2005
- ISO/IEC 19794-5:2005
- ISO/IEC 19794-2:2011
- ISO/IEC 19794-4:2011
- ISO/IEC 19794-5:2011
- ISO/IEC 19794-6:2011
- PIV Profile of ISO/IEC 19794-6:2011 - On Card
- PIV Profile of ISO/IEC 19794-6:2011 - Off Card
- PIV Profile of ANSI/INCITS 378:2004
- PIV Profile of ANSI/INCITS 381:2004
*As specified in NIST SP 800-76-2 Biometric Specifications for Personal Identity Verification, Patrick Grother, Wayne Salamon, Ramaswamy Chandramouli, July 2013
BioCTS for ISO/IEC contains everything required to test implementations for the supported international biometric standards and selected PIV profiles. The installer allows for custom installation so that only the testing software for the desired biometric standards will be installed. Read the instructions contained in the associated documentation.
The following download is an alpha release of BioCTS for ISO/IEC for XML Encoded Data Formats. This alpha release currently supports only the Conformance Test Suite (CTS) designed to test implementations of a biometric data interchange format for XML encoded finger image data.
The single install file found below contains all components of BioCTS for ISO/IEC and allows for selection of desired components during custom installation.
To see what has changed since the initial release, please review the Changelog.
- BioCTS for ISO/IEC Install File - (Beta 3.1.4965.22562) August 6, 2013
- Feature: Test Output Log Search - A User can now perform textual search of the Text Output Log from within BioCTS for ISO/IEC
- Feature: Batch File, and Individual File Statistics - A User can now get a high-level overview of the types of results, including: Critical, Error, Warning, Message and Ok; as well as knowing how many transactions passed or failed within batch testing.
- BioCTS for ISO/IEC Sample Data - August 6, 2013
- BioCTS for ISO/IEC Binary and XML Encoded Records User Guide (Alpha Release), Dylan Yaga, Fernando L. Podio, Christofer J. McGinnis, March 2014
- BioCTS 2013 for ISO/IEC User Guide, Fernando L. Podio, Dylan Yaga, Christofer J. McGinnis, August 2013
- BioCTS 2012 for ISO/IEC User Guide, Fernando L. Podio, Dylan Yaga, Christofer J. McGinnis, December 2012
- NISTIR 7877 BioCTS 2012: Advanced Conformance Test Architectures and Test Suites for Biometric Data Interchange Formats and Biometric Information Records, Fernando L. Podio, Dylan Yaga and Christofer J. McGinnis, September 2012
Send comments/errors on the tool, sample data and documentation to BioCTS@nist.gov
The following screen captures were taken from BioCTS for ISO/IEC. The Options tab, Batch testing, and the Editor are shown in the examples below:
Options: Selection of the Biometric Data Block (BDB) format
Batch Testing: Overall results (left panel), Detailed results (right panel)
Editor: Format Identifier expanded to show results and data