2016 NIST Portrait Gallery Nomination Instructions
- Nominee must be a former NBS/NIST scientist, engineer or administrator and the nominator must be a present or past NBS/NIST employee. For the information requested below, the Jury, on a case-by-case basis, may consider employment as a guest worker or research associate at NBS/NIST, or with the NBS/NIST-affiliated programs such as JILA and IBBR, as equivalent to employment at NBS/NIST.
- Nominators are encouraged to contact the SAA office, well before the nomination deadline, for assistance in obtaining SAA and/or NBS/NIST information on potential nominees.
- Nominations shall be received by the SAA Portrait Gallery Committee preferably by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to the SAA Office, A-42 Admin, Mail Stop 0952, NIST, Gaithersburg, MD 20899-0952, no later than c.o.b. February 5, 2016 (no exceptions). Nominations will be acknowledged to the nominator(s) when received. Nominators, please follow up if acknowledgement is not timely.
- Nomination may not exceed two pages, single spaced, in Times New Roman 12 or similar sized font, with 25 mm minimum margins.
- Nomination must be presented in the format given below, either as an electronic file (preferably), or in hard copy.
- Nomination must be confidential and may not be divulged to the nominee.
- Nominee’s name and, for a living nominee, address, telephone and email. If the nominee is deceased, please provide, if possible, the name, address, telephone and email for an heir.
- Years at NBS/NIST: xxxx-yyyy
- Citation/Impact (nominee’s claim to honor in 30 or fewer words).
- Birth date and Birthplace.
- Education (post secondary) (universities, degrees, dates).
- Principal positions held at NBS/NIST, with dates.
- Describe outstanding work at NBS/NIST, including scientific, technical, managerial or administrative contributions, and cite its impacts.
- List, at most, six significant examples of products of work at NBS/NIST such as publications, patents and administrative products. If relevant, give the total number of publications and patents based on NBS/NIST work.
- Important external professional and governmental committee memberships and work, while employed at NBS/NIST, and cite the impacts of this external work.
- Recognitions, awards and distinctions, within and external to NBS/NIST, as a consequence of work performed at NBS/NIST.
- Name and contact information for the nominator and for one additional current or former NBS/NIST staff member willing to support the nomination.