You searched on:
Topic Area: Modeling
Sorted by: title
Displaying records 131 to 135.
Resort by: Date / Title
131. Towards a Metric for Communication Network Vulnerability to Attacks: A Game Theoretic Approach
Assane Gueye, Vladimir V Marbukh
In this paper, we propose a quantification of the vulnerability of a communication network when links are subject to failures due to the actions of a strategic adversary. We model the adversarial nature of the problem as a 2-player game between a net ...
132. Transient Convection-Diffusion Modelling of Peak Temperature in Orthogonal Cutting
Timothy J Burns, Steven P Mates, Richard L. Rhorer, Eric Paul Whitenton, Debasis Basak
Numerical finite-difference simulations of a two-dimensional transient fast convection-slow diffusion model of the temperature field in orthogonal cutting, due to Tlusty, have been shown to provide better predictions of the peak temperature during or ...
133. Using Nanoscillatory Splines to Model Urban Environments
David E. Gilsinn, Marjorie A McClain, Christoph Johann Witzgall
134. VM Leakage and Orphan Control in Open-Source Clouds
Christopher E Dabrowski, Kevin L Mills
Computer systems often exhibit degraded performance due to resource leakage caused by erroneous programming or malicious attacks, and computers can even crash in extreme cases of resource exhaustion. The advent of cloud computing provides increased o ...
135. Variances of Cylinder Parameters Fitted to Range Data
Journal of Research (NIST JRES)
Industrial pipelines are frequently scanned with 3D imaging systems (e.g., LADAR) and cylinders are
fitted to the collected data. Then, the fitted as-built model is compared with the as-designed
model. Meaningful comparison between the two models ...