You searched on:
Author: Zachary Levine
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 103 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Photon-number uncertainty in a superconducting transition-edge sensor beyond resolved-photon-number determination
Zachary H Levine, Boris L. Glebov, Alan L Migdall, Thomas Gerrits, Brice R. Calkins, Adriana Eleni Lita, Sae Woo Nam
As part of an effort to extend fundamental single-photon measurements into the macroscopic regime, we explore how best to assign photon-number uncertainties to output waveforms of a superconducting Transition Edge Sensor (TES) and how those assignmen ...
2. Polarization-Entangled Photon Pairs From Periodically-Poled Crystalline Waveguides Over a Range of
Journal of Research (NIST JRES)
Zachary H Levine, Dylan A. Heberle
We propose a method to extend the range of polarization entanglement in periodically poled rubidium-
doped potassium titanyl phosphate (Rb:KTP) and titanium in-diffused lithium niobate (Ti:LN)
waveguides. By fabricating waveguides at an angle rel ...
3. Fast, Optically Controlled Kerr Phase Shifter for Digital Signal Processing
Runbing Li, Lu Deng, Edward Walter Hagley, Joshua C Bienfang, Zachary H Levine
We demonstrate a large and fast-responding nonlinear Kerr phase shift using a room-temperature
85Rb vapor operated in a Raman gain scheme where the signal wave travels ,superluminallyŠ.
Phase shifts of zero to π in comparison with a reference ...
4. An algorithm for finding clusters with a known distribution and its application to photon-number resolution using a superconducting transition-edge sensor
Zachary H Levine, Thomas Gerrits, Alan L Migdall, Daniel Victor Samarov, Brice R. Calkins, Adriana Eleni Lita, Sae Woo Nam
Improving photon-number resolution of single-photon sensitive detectors is important for many applications, as is extending the range of such detectors. Here we seek improved resolution for a particular Superconducting Transition-Edge Sensor (TES) t ...
5. Uncertainty in RECIST as a measure of volume for lung nodules and liver malignoma
Zachary H Levine, Adam L Pintar, John G Hagedorn, Charles D. Fenimore, Claus P. Heussel
The authors investigate the extent to which the RESPONSE Evaluation Criateria in Solid Tumors (RECIST) can predict tumor volumes and changes in volume using clinical data. The data presented are a reanalysis of data acquired in other studies, includ ...
6. Tumor volume measurement errors RECIST studied with realistic tumor models
Journal of Research (NIST JRES)
Benjamin R. Galloway, Adele P Peskin, Zachary H Levine
RECIST (Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumors) is a linear measure intended to predict tumor volume in medical computed tomography (CT). In this work, using purely geometrical considerations, we estimate how well RECIST can predict the volume ...
7. Frequency-bin Entangled Comb of Photon Pairs From a Silicon-on-Insulator Micro-Resonator
Jun Chen, Zachary H Levine, Jingyun Fan, Alan L Migdall
We present a quantum-mechanical theory to describe narrow-band photon-
pair generation via four-wave mixing in a Silicon-on-Insulator (SOI) micro-
resonator. We also provide design principles for efﬁcient photon-pair generation in an SOI mic ...
8. Heralded, pure-state single-photon source based
on a Potassium Titanyl Phosphate waveguide
Zachary H Levine, Jingyun Fan, Jun Chen, Alexander E. Ling, Alan L Migdall
WWe analyze the generation of single spatial mode, spectrally
uncorrelated photon pairs via type II spontaneous parametric downconversion
in a Potassium Titanyl Phosphate (KTP) waveguide using real
experimental parameters. We show that this source ...
9. Design considerations for a cascaded grating interferometer suitable for EUV interference lithography
Zachary H Levine, Thomas B Lucatorto, Steven E Grantham
The potential of a cascaded grating interferometer to perform Extreme
Ultraviolet Interference Lithography (EUV-IL) depends on its beng
coupled to a source that is bright enought to allow exposures ina
reasonable time. This work presents a ...
10. A Low-Cost Density Reference Phantom for Computed Tomography
Zachary H Levine, Ming-Dong Li, Anthony P Reeves, David F Yankelevitz, Joseph J Chen, Eliot L Siegel, Adele P Peskin, Diana N. Zeiger
We have characterized a commercially-available polyurethane foam which is marketed for modeling parts in the aircraft, automotive, and related industries. We find that the foam may be suitable for use as a density reference standard in the range bel ...