You searched on: Author: Zachary Levine
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 113 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Absolute Calibration of a Variable Attenuator Using Few-Photon
Zachary H Levine, Boris L. Glebov, Adam L Pintar, Alan L Migdall
We demonstrate the ability to calibrate a variable optical attenuator directly at
the few photon level using a Superconducting Transition Edge Sensor (TES).
Because of the inherent linearity of photon number resolving detection, no ex-
ternal cali ...
2. A Fixed-Memory Moving, Expanding Window for Obtaining Scatter Corrections in X-Ray CT and Other Stochastic Averages
Zachary H Levine, Adam L Pintar
A simple algorithm for averaging a stochastic sequence of 1D arrays in a moving, expanding window is provided. The samples are grouped in bins which increase exponentially in size so that a constant fraction of the samples is retained at any point i ...
3. Photon-number uncertainty in a superconducting transition-edge sensor beyond resolved-photon-number determination
Zachary H Levine, Boris L. Glebov, Alan L Migdall, Thomas Gerrits, Brice R. Calkins, Adriana Eleni Lita, Sae Woo Nam
As part of an effort to extend fundamental single-photon measurements into the macroscopic regime, we explore how best to assign photon-number uncertainties to output waveforms of a superconducting Transition Edge Sensor (TES) and how those assignmen ...
4. Polarization-Entangled Photon Pairs From Periodically-Poled Crystalline Waveguides Over a Range of
Journal of Research (NIST JRES)
Zachary H Levine, Dylan A. Heberle
We propose a method to extend the range of polarization entanglement in periodically poled rubidium-
doped potassium titanyl phosphate (Rb:KTP) and titanium in-diffused lithium niobate (Ti:LN)
waveguides. By fabricating waveguides at an angle rel ...
5. Standard Reference Materials for Medical CT
Zachary H Levine, Huaiyu H Chen-Mayer, Adam L Pintar, Daniel S Sawyer
NIST Standard Reference Materials 2087 and 2088 for medical computed tomography (CT) have become available. The materials allow CT reconstructions to be tied to the International System of Units in length, density, and mass attenuation coefficient.
6. Fast, Optically Controlled Kerr Phase Shifter for Digital Signal Processing
Runbing Li, Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley, Joshua C Bienfang, Zachary H Levine
We demonstrate a large and fast-responding nonlinear Kerr phase shift using a room-temperature
85Rb vapor operated in a Raman gain scheme where the signal wave travels ,superluminallyŠ.
Phase shifts of zero to π in comparison with a reference ...
7. An algorithm for finding clusters with a known distribution and its application to photon-number resolution using a superconducting transition-edge sensor
Zachary H Levine, Thomas Gerrits, Alan L Migdall, Daniel Victor Samarov, Brice R. Calkins, Adriana Eleni Lita, Sae Woo Nam
Improving photon-number resolution of single-photon sensitive detectors is important for many applications, as is extending the range of such detectors. Here we seek improved resolution for a particular Superconducting Transition-Edge Sensor (TES) t ...
8. Uncertainty in RECIST as a measure of volume for lung nodules and liver malignoma
Zachary H Levine, Adam L Pintar, John G Hagedorn, Charles D. Fenimore, Claus P. Heussel
The authors investigate the extent to which the RESPONSE Evaluation Criateria in Solid Tumors (RECIST) can predict tumor volumes and changes in volume using clinical data. The data presented are a reanalysis of data acquired in other studies, includ ...
9. How to measure the size of tumors: The RECIST standard vs. volumetrics
Zachary H Levine
Response Evaluation Criteria for Solid Tumours (RECIST) proposed 1D criteria for determining if 3D tumors are growing malignantly. Here, the error introduced is quantified using physical ellipsoids and fitting to clinical data on liver malignoma.
10. Generating a Frequency-Bin Entangled Comb of Photon Pairs via Four-Wave Mixing in a Silicon-on-Insulator Microring Resonator
Jun Chen, Zachary H Levine, Jingyun Fan, Alan L Migdall
We present a quantum theory for generation of frequency-bin entangled comb of
photon pairs via four-wave mixing in a Silicon-on-Insulator microring resonator. We also provide
design principles of such a microring through extensive numerical simulat ...