You searched on: Author: Douglas Meier
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 16 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Fourier Transform Infrared Absorption Spectroscopy for Quantitative Analysis of Gas Mixtures for
Homeland Security Applications
Kurt D Benkstein, Wilbur Scott Hurst, Douglas C Meier, Pamela M Chu
Chemical detectors are crucial tools for first responders during emergency-response scenarios
and for continuous monitoring of public spaces for general safety. For those who depend upon
chemical detectors for safety and security, ensuring that d ...
2. Forming Spherical Gold Nanoparticles From Polymorphic Nanoparticles Using a Single Laser Pulse
Douglas C Meier, Richard E Cavicchi
A method is presented for using a single laser pulse to transform polymorphic polycrystalline gold nanoparticles (Au NPs) into uniformly crystalline nanospheres. TEM analysis of the 60 nm diameter Au NP starting material and the product suspension co ...
3. Single laser pulse effects on suspended-Au-nanoparticle size distributions and morphology
Richard E Cavicchi, Douglas C Meier, Cary Presser, Suvajyoti S. Guha
Samples of suspended gold nanoparticles in the diameter range 10 nm to 100 nm were subjected to a
single 7 ns pulse from a 532 nm laser to determine the effects of laser power on particle size
distribution, mean size, and morphology. The experime ...
4. An Examination of Kernite (Na2B4O6(OH)2 , 3 H2O) Using X-ray and Electron Spectroscopies: Quantitative Microanalysis of a Hydrated Low-Z Mineral
Douglas C Meier, Jeffrey M. Davis, Edward Paul Vicenzi
Mineral borates, the primary industrial source of boron, are found in a large variety of compositions. One such source, kernite (Na2B4O6(OH)2 , 3 H2O), offers a panoply of challenges for traditional electron-probe microanalysis (EPMA) ‹ it is hygrosc ...
5. Characterization of SiGe Films for use as a National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Microanalysis Reference material (RM 8905)
Ryna B. Marinenko, Shirley Turner, David S Simons, Savelas A Rabb, Rolf Louis Zeisler, Lee Lijian Yu, Dale E Newbury, Rick L Paul, Nicholas W m Ritchie, Stefan D Leigh, Michael R Winchester, Lee J Richter, Douglas C Meier, Keana C K Scott, D Klinedinst, John A Small
Bulk SiGe wafers cut from single-crystal boules and two SiGe thick films (4 m and 5 m thick) on Si wafers were evaluated with the electron probe microanalyzer for the extent of heterogeneity and composition for use as reference materi ...
6. Generating and Using Data of Higher Dimension for Gas-Phase Chemical Sensing
Baranidharan Raman, Joshua L. Hertz, Kurt D Benkstein, Douglas C Meier, Casey Mungle, Stephen Semancik
Methods to acquire and analyze rich data streams from sensors are helpful, if not required, to track chemical components within complex gas-phase environments. We describe a MEMS-based microsensor technology that populates multi-element arrays with m ...
7. Analysis of Copper incorporation in Zno Nanowires
Susie Eustis, Douglas C Meier, M R. Beversluis, Babak Nikoobakht
8. Coupling Nanowire Chemiresistors With Microhotplate Platforms for Advanced Gas Sensing
Douglas C Meier, Stephen Semancik, Bradley Button, Eugene Strelcov, Andrei Kilmakov
Recent advances in nanotechnology have yielded new materials and structures that offer great potential for improving sensitivity, selectivity and stability of the next generation of chemical gas sensors. To successfully fabricate practical devices, t ...
9. Integration of Nanostructured Materials With MEMS Microhotplate Platforms to Enhance Chemical Sensor Performance
Kurt D Benkstein, C Martinez, Guofeng Li, Douglas C Meier, Christopher B Montgomery, Stephen Semancik
The development of small sensors (low mass, small size and low power budgets) has been an increasingly active area of research for multiple applications, including industrial process monitoring, building security and extraterrestrial exploration. Nan ...
10. Temperature Measurements of Microhotplates Using Fluorescence Thermometry
Christopher W Meyer, Douglas C Meier, Christopher B Montgomery, Stephen Semancik
A fluorescence microscope has been constructed for measuring surface temperatures of microhotplate platforms. The microscope measures temperature-dependent fluorescence lifetimes of a film of the phosphor Mg4(F)GeO6:Mn which is deposited on the micr ...