You searched on: Author: edward hagley Sorted by: title
Displaying records 31 to 40 of 49 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
31. Observation of Collective Atomic Recoil Motion in a Degenerate Fermion Gas
Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley
We demonstrate collective atomic recoil motion with a dilute, ultracold, degenerate fermion gas
single spin state. By utilizing an adiabatically decompressed magnetic trap with an aspect
from that of the initial trap, a mom ...
32. Observation of the red-blue detuning asymmetry in matter-wave superradiance
Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley, Qiang Cao, Xiaorui Wang, Xinyu Luo, Ruquan Wang, Fan Yang, Xiaoji Zhou, Xuzong Chen, M. G. Payne, Mingsheng Zhan
We show the first experimental observations of matter-wave superradiance using blue-detuned
light, and demonstrate a pump-laser detuning asymmetry in the collective atomic recoil motion.
contrast to all previous theoretical treatments, which p ...
33. Optical cloaking using alternate Raman gain and free-space media in the presence of spatially
distributed pump fields
Chengjie Zhu, Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley, Mo-Lin Ge
We discuss an optical ,cloakingŠ scheme using three-level active Raman gain media in tandem in
of a spatially distributed pump field. Using eikonal approximation we first derive analytically
the deflection angle
and show that the t ...
34. Optical group velocity reduction in sodium without electromagnetically induced transparency
Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley, M M Kozuma, M G Payne
35. Optical self-focusing effect in coherent light
scattering with condensates
Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley, C.J. Zhu, G.X. Huang
We present a theoretical investigation of optical self-focusing effects in light scattering
condensates. Using long (>200 μs), red-detuned pulses we show numerically that a nonnegligible
self-focusing effect is present that causes rapid ...
36. Polarization-selective Kerr-phase-shift method for fast, all-optical polarization switching in a
cold atomic medium
C. J. Zhu, Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley
We propose a photonic CNOT gate and a polarization gate using a polarization-selective-
shift scheme. Using the demonstrated continuous Kerr phase shifting technique we selectively
write a π phase shift to one of the circularly pol ...
37. Propagation Dynamics of a Temporally, Amplitude- and Group-Velocity-Matched Two-Mode Ultraslow Wave in a Three-Level Lamda System
Lu Deng, M Payne, Edward W Hagley
We investigate the propagation dynamics of a two-mode probe field traveling with ultra-slow group velocities. We show that a strong cross-beam coupling occurs between the two modes of the probe wave. In the adiabatic limit and under appropriate con ...
38. Quantum Key Distribution With 1.25 Gbps Clock Synchronization
Joshua C Bienfang, Alex J Gross, Alan Mink, Barry J. Hershman, Anastase Nakassis, Xiao Tang, David H Su, Charles W Clark, Carl J Williams, Edward W Hagley, J Wen, R Lu
39. Quantum key distribution with 1.25 Gbps clock synchronization
Joshua C Bienfang, Alex J Gross, A Mink, B J Hershman, A Nakassis, X Tang, R Lu, D R Su, Charles W Clark, Carl J Williams, Edward W Hagley, J Wen
40. Reply to ,Comment on ,Electromagnetic Wave Dynamics in Matter-Wave Superradiant ScatteringŠ by Wolfgang Ketterle
Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley, Marvin G. Payne
The comment by W. Ketterle  purports having a viable model of superradiance. However, Ref.  admits not being able to explain the red/blue pump detuning asymmetry in matter-wave superradiance that was first observed recently by us . It is cle ...