You searched on:
Author: chih-ming wang
Sorted by: title
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 58 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. A Generalized Confidence Interval for a Measurand in the Presence of type-A and type-B Uncertainties
Chih-Ming Wang, Hariharan K Iyer
We consider the problem of estimating a measurand based on a sequence of measurements. Each measurement has both type-A and type-B errors. The measurements may have been obtained from a single experiment or several separate experiments. We investigat ...
2. A Statistical Model for Cladding Diameter of Optical Fibers
Chih-Ming Wang, Timothy J Drapela
The National Institute of Standards and Technology has developed a contact micrometer for accurate measurement of optical-fiber outer diameter. The contact micrometer is used to measure reference fibers which are artifacts used by the telecommunicat ...
3. A Transfer Standard for Measuring Photoreceiver Frequency Response
Paul D Hale, Chih-Ming Wang, R. Park, W. Y. Lau
4. A robust algorithm for eye-diagram analysis
Jeffrey A Jargon, Paul D Hale, Chih-Ming Wang
We present a new method for analyzing eye diagrams
that always provides a unique solution by making use of a robust,
least-median-of-squares (LMS) location estimator. In contrast to
commonly used histogram techniques, the LMS procedure is insensit ...
5. A statistical study of de-embedding applied to eye diagram analysis
Paul D Hale, Jeffrey A Jargon, Chih-Ming Wang, Brett Grossman, Matthew Claudius, Jose Torres, Andrew M Dienstfrey, Dylan F Williams
We describe a stable method for calibrating digital waveforms and eye diagrams using the measurement system response function and its regularized inverse. The function describing the system response includes the response of the oscilloscope and any ...
6. Accuracy of AlGaAs Rates and Composition Determination Using RHEED Oscillations
Todd E Harvey, Kristine A Bertness, Chih-Ming Wang, Jolene D Splett
Reflection high-energy electron diffraction (RHEED) oscillations are widely used in molecular beam epitaxy (MBE) as a technique to calibrate material growth rates. The growth rates are used to predict the composition of the following growth run. For ...
7. Accurate Interferometric Retardance Measurements
Kent Rochford, Chih-Ming Wang
8. Adaptive Characterization of Jitter Noise in Sampled High-Speed Signals
Kevin J Coakley, Chih-Ming Wang, Paul D Hale, Tracy S. Clement
We estimate the root-mean-square (RMS) value of timing jitter noise in simulated signals similar to measured high-speed sampled signals. The simulated signals are contaminated by additive noise, timing jitter noise, and time shift errors. Before e ...
9. An Optimal Vector-Network-Analyzer Calibration Algorithm
Dylan F Williams, Chih-Ming Wang, Uwe Arz
We present an iterative algorithm for calibrating vector network analyzers based on orthogonal distance regression. The algorithm features a robust, yet efficient, search algorithm, a complete error analysis that includes both random and systematic e ...
10. Calculation of pulse parameters and propagation of uncertainty
Paul D Hale, Chih-Ming Wang
The fundamental starting point for the analysis of all two-state waveforms is the determination of the low- and highstate levels. This is a two-step process. First, the data are grouped into points belonging to each state, and second, the value of ea ...