You searched on:
Author: samuel stavis
Displaying records 21 to 29.
Resort by: Date / Title
21. Microfluidic Directed Self-Assembly of Liposome-Hydrogel Hybrid Nanoparticles
Jennifer S. Hong, Samuel M Stavis, Silvia H. De Paoli Lacerda, Laurie E Locascio, Srinivasa R. Raghavan, Michael Gaitan
We present a microfluidic method to direct the self-assembly of liposome-hydrogel hybrid nanoparticles. Our approach yields nanoparticle size distributions that are highly monodisperse and precisely controlled across a broad range relevant to the ta ...
22. Microfluidic and Nanofluidic Device Metrology
Samuel M Stavis
23. Engineered Microfluidic and Nanofluidic Device Metrology
Samuel M Stavis
24. Microfluidic-Directed Self-Assembly of Poly(N-Isopropylacrylamide) Lipobeads
Jennifer S. Hong, Samuel M Stavis, Laurie E Locascio, Srinivasa R. Raghavan, Michael Gaitan
25. Nanofluidic Structures with Complex Three Dimensional Surfaces
Samuel M Stavis, Elizabeth Strychalski, Michael Gaitan
A fabrication process was developed to construct nanofluidic devices with complex three dimensional (3D) topographies. A single layer of grayscale photolithography enabled arbitrary and simultaneous control of numerous nanoscale etch depths in a fus ...
26. Single Molecule Analysis of Electrodynamically Stretched DNA in Nanochannels
Samuel M Stavis, Christian H Reccius, John T Mannion, Larry P Walker, Harold G Craighead
A rapid (~20 ms) and precise (~110 nm) analytical method is presented for stretching and interrogating single DNA molecules. Conformation, length, speed and fluorescence intensity measurements are obtained simultaneously. This confluence is a step ...
27. Non-planar nanofluidic devices for single molecule analysis fabricated using nanoglassblowing
Elizabeth Strychalski, Samuel M Stavis, Harold G Craighead
A method termed 'nanoglassblowing' is presented for fabricating integrated microfluidic and nanofluidic devices with gradual depth changes and wide, shallow nanochannels. This method was used to construct fused silica channels with out-of-plane ...
28. Kilohertz Rotation of Nanomotors Propelled by Ultrasound, Traced by Microvortex Advection of Nanoparticles
Andrew Lee Balk, Lamar O. Mair, Pramod Pappachan Mathai, Paul Nathan Patrone, Wei Wang, Suzanne Ahmed, Thomas Mallouk, James Alexander Liddle, Samuel M Stavis
We measure the microvortical flows around gold nanorods propelled by ultrasound in water using polystyrene nanoparticles as optical tracers. We infer the rotational frequencies of such nanomotors assuming a hydrodynamic model of this interaction. In ...
29. Entropophoresis of Single Biomolecules Down a Nanofluidic Staircase
Samuel M Stavis, Elizabeth A Strychalski, Michael Gaitan, Jon C Geist, Laurie E Locascio