You searched on: Author: joseph rice Sorted by: title
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 71 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. A Hyperspectral Image Projector for Hyperspectral Imagers
Joseph Paul Rice, Steven W Brown, Jorge Enrique Neira, Robert R. Bousquet
We have developed and demonstrated a Hyperspectral Image Projector (HIP) intended for system-level validation testing of hyperspectral imagers, including the instrument and any associated spectral unmixing algorithms. HIP, based on the same digital ...
2. A Method for Testing the Spectral Responsivity of Infrared Cameras Using Tunable Lasers
Joseph Paul Rice, Keith R Lykke, Howard W Yoon
We are developing a technique for accurately measuring spectral responsivity functions of infrared cameras using tunable lasers. We present preliminary results for uniform scenes where tunable infrared lasers illuminate an integrating sphere, diffus ...
3. A NIST Thermal Infrared Transfer Standard Radiometer for the Earth Observing System (EOS) Program
Joseph Paul Rice, Bettye C Johnson
4. Absolute Radiometers, in Experimental Methods in the Physical Sciences, ed. by A.C. Parr, R.U.
Datla and J.L. Gardner
N P Fox, Joseph Paul Rice
This book chapter reviews absolute radiometers, mainly of two types. The first type, briefly
treated, are predictable quantum efficiency detectors such as self-calibrated silicon
photodiodes. The second type, treated in much more detail, are abso ...
5. Achieving Climate Change Absolute Accuracy in Orbit
Bruce Wielicki, Joseph Paul Rice
The Climate Absolute Radiance and Refractivity Observatory (CLARREO) mission will provide a metrology laboratory in orbit for the purpose of accurately measuring and attributing climate change. CLARREO measurements establish new climate change benchm ...
6. Active Cavity Absolute Radiometer Based on High-Tc Superconductors
Joseph Paul Rice, Steven Ray Lorentz, Raju Vsnu Datla, Leila R Vale, David A Rudman, M. L. Sing, D. Robbes
7. Active Cavity Radiometer Based on High-TC Superconductors
Joseph Paul Rice, Raju Vsnu Datla, Leila R Vale, David A Rudman, M L Sing, D Robbes
To implement the detector-based radiometric scale in the new Medium Background infrared [MBIR] facility at the National Institute of Standards and Technology [NIST], we have developed an electrical substitution cavity radiometer that can be operated ...
8. An Electrically Substituted Bolometer as a Transfer Standard Detector
Joseph Paul Rice
We have developed an electrically substituted bolometer (ESB) to serve as a portable transfer-standard detector over the full wavelength range from 200 nm to 20 m. The ESB is designed to provide a direct transfer of the optical power scale from the ...
9. Analytic determination of optimal projector lens design requirements for pixilated projectors used to test pixilated imaging sensors
Joseph Paul Rice
A model is described for the problem of optimally projecting a pixellated light source onto a pixellated imaging sensor, in the context that the projected source is used for performance testing of the sensor. The model can be used, for example, to co ...
10. Antenna-Coupled High-T^dc^ Air-bridge Microbolometer on Silicon
Joseph Paul Rice, Erich N Grossman, David A Rudman