You searched on:
Author: tinh nguyen
Displaying records 31 to 40 of 104 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
31. Adhesion Loss and Corrosion-induced Delamination of Fusion-Bonded Epoxy Coated Steel in Alkaline Electrolytes
Tinh Nguyen, Jonathan W. (Jonathan W.) Martin
Fusion-bonded epoxy is used extensively for increasing the service life of steel-reinforced concrete structures. However, field observations have reported premature corrosion of fusion bonded epoxy-coated reinforcing bars used in marine concrete envi ...
32. Linking Accelerated Laboratory Test with Outdoor Performance Results for a Model Epoxy
Xiaohong Gu, Deborah L Stanley, Walter Eric Byrd, Brian Dickens, Iliana Vaca-Trigo, William Meeker, Tinh Nguyen, Jonathan W. (Jonathan W.) Martin
Laboratory and field exposure results have been successfully linked for a
model epoxy coating system. The mathematical model used in making this
linkage only assumed that the total effective dosage, additivity law, and reciprocity
laws were valid. ...
33. NCO-Functionalized Nanoclays for Polyurethane Composite Coatings
Bastien T. Pellegrin, Xiaohong Gu, Joannie W Chin, Tinh Nguyen
34. Subsurface mapping of nanofiller dispersion in polymeric coatings by quantitative electric force microscopy
Minhua Zhao, Juntao Wu, Bastien T. Pellegrin, Xiaohong Gu, Tinh Nguyen
35. Water Soluble DNA-Wrapped Single-Walled Carbon Nanotube/Quantum Dot Complexes
Zhenping Zhou, Hyeong Gon Kang, Jeffrey A Fagan, Alexander J. Shapiro, Matthew Lawrence Clarke, Jeeseong Hwang, Tinh Nguyen
36. Role of Interfacial Water in the Adhesion Loss of Polymer/Substrate Systems and Composites
Tinh Nguyen, Joannie W Chin, E Byrd, David Alshed, Cyril Clerici, Jonathan W. (Jonathan W.) Martin
Water at the polymer/substrate interface in coatings, adhesives, and fiber-reinforced polymer composites is often the main cause of adhesion loss in these systems. Using experimental data measured in this study, we critically assess the role of inter ...
37. Covalent Functionalization of Carbon Nanotubes With Diisocyanate for Polyurethane Nanocomposites
Aline Granier, Tinh Nguyen, Naomi Eidelman, Jonathan W. (Jonathan W.) Martin
Carbon nanotubes (CNTs) have a wide range of potential applications due to their unique mechanical properties, high aspect ratios, and electronics structures. Many of these applications require good dispersion and chemical reactivity of CNTs in polym ...
38. Load-Displacement Relations for Nanoindentation of Viscoelastic Materials
Chien-Kuo Liu, S H Lee, Li Piin Sung, Tinh Nguyen
A model based on the Burgers viscoelastic concept has been developed to describe the nanoindentation behaviors of polymeric materials. An analytical solution of displacement at the indenter tip has been derived based on the analog of the governing eq ...
39. Chemical and Physical Characterization of Poly(p-phenylene benzobisoxazole) Fibers Used in Body Armor
NIST Interagency/Internal Report (NISTIR)
Joannie W Chin, E Byrd, Amanda Lattam Forster, Xiaohong Gu, Tinh Nguyen, Kirk D Rice, Walter J. Rossiter, S J Scierka, John R Sieber, Paul E Stutzman, Li Piin Sung
Problems with the performance and durability of body armor based on poly(p-phenylene benzobisoxazole (PBO) fiber became apparent in the summer of 2003, when PBO-based body armor that was less than 8 months was penetrated by a bullet. Mechanical te ...
40. Gradient Chemical Micropatterns: A Reference Substrate for Surface Nanometrology
D Julthongpiput, Michael J Fasolka, Wenhua Zhang, Tinh Nguyen, Eric J. Amis
We present fabrication routes for a new type of surface specimen that exhibits a micropattern with a gradient in chemical contrast between the pattern domains. Design elements in the specimen allow chemical contrast in the micropattern to be related ...