You searched on:
Author: tinh nguyen
Displaying records 21 to 30 of 98 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
21. Long-Term Performance of Nano-Filled Polymeric Materials: Effect of ZnO Nanoparticles on Photodegradation of a Waterborne Polyurethane Coating
Xiaohong Gu, Dongmei Zhe, Minhua Zhao, Guodong Chen, Nhieu Ly, Paul E Stutzman, Li Piin Sung, Tinh Nguyen, Joannie W Chin
Polymers are widely used as exterior coatings in buildings, bridges, aircrafts and automobiles for both protection and aesthetic purposes. However, the service life of the applied coatings is limited due to the photodegradation of polymers induced by ...
22. Network Aggregation of CNTs at the Surface of Epoxy/MWCNT Composite Exposed to UV Radiation
Tinh Nguyen, Bastien T. Pellegrin, Alexander J. Shapiro, Xiaohong Gu, Joannie W Chin
Carbon nanotubes (CNTs) are increasingly incorporated in polymers to enhance their mechanical and electrical properties. However, organic polymers are prone to degrade when exposed to UV radiation. Therefore, CNTs in a polymer nanocomposite could ev ...
23. Melting and Chemical Behaviors of Isothermally-Crystallized Gamma-Irradiated Syndiotactic Polystyrene
Tinh Nguyen, Sanboh Lee, Kuo L. Chien
Melting and chemical behaviors of isothermally-crystallized gamma-irradiated sPS have been investigated using differential scanning calorimetry, FTIR, and X-ray diffraction techniques. Amorphous sPS samples were subjected to gamma radiation in vacuum ...
24. Adhesion Loss and Corrosion-induced Delamination of Fusion-Bonded Epoxy Coated Steel in Alkaline Electrolytes
Tinh Nguyen, Jonathan W. (Jonathan W.) Martin
Fusion-bonded epoxy is used extensively for increasing the service life of steel-reinforced concrete structures. However, field observations have reported premature corrosion of fusion bonded epoxy-coated reinforcing bars used in marine concrete envi ...
25. Linking Accelerated Laboratory Test with Outdoor Performance Results for a Model Epoxy
Xiaohong Gu, Deborah L Stanley, Walter Eric Byrd, Brian Dickens, Iliana Vaca-Trigo, William Meeker, Tinh Nguyen, Jonathan W. (Jonathan W.) Martin
Laboratory and field exposure results have been successfully linked for a
model epoxy coating system. The mathematical model used in making this
linkage only assumed that the total effective dosage, additivity law, and reciprocity
laws were valid. ...
26. NCO-Functionalized Nanoclays for Polyurethane Composite Coatings
Bastien T. Pellegrin, Xiaohong Gu, Joannie W Chin, Tinh Nguyen
27. Subsurface mapping of nanofiller dispersion in polymeric coatings by quantitative electric force microscopy
Minhua Zhao, Juntao Wu, Bastien T. Pellegrin, Xiaohong Gu, Tinh Nguyen
28. Water Soluble DNA-Wrapped Single-Walled Carbon Nanotube/Quantum Dot Complexes
Zhenping Zhou, Hyeong G. Kang, Jeffrey A Fagan, Alexander J. Shapiro, Matthew Lawrence Clarke, Jeeseong Hwang, Tinh Nguyen
29. Role of Interfacial Water in the Adhesion Loss of Polymer/Substrate Systems and Composites
Tinh Nguyen, Joannie W Chin, E Byrd, David Alshed, Cyril Clerici, Jonathan W. (Jonathan W.) Martin
Water at the polymer/substrate interface in coatings, adhesives, and fiber-reinforced polymer composites is often the main cause of adhesion loss in these systems. Using experimental data measured in this study, we critically assess the role of inter ...
30. Covalent Functionalization of Carbon Nanotubes With Diisocyanate for Polyurethane Nanocomposites
Aline Granier, Tinh Nguyen, Naomi Eidelman, Jonathan W. (Jonathan W.) Martin
Carbon nanotubes (CNTs) have a wide range of potential applications due to their unique mechanical properties, high aspect ratios, and electronics structures. Many of these applications require good dispersion and chemical reactivity of CNTs in polym ...