You searched on:
Author: christopher mccowan
Displaying records 51 to 55.
Resort by: Date / Title
51. Secondary Ferrite Number Reference Materials: Gage Calibration and Assignment of Values
Special Publication (NIST SP)
Christopher N McCowan, Thomas Allen Siewert, D P Vigliotti, C M Wang
Ferrite Numbers (FN) were assigned to blocks of stainless steel that serve as secondary ferrite reference materials (RM 8480 and 8481), and these specimens were placed in our Reference Materials inventory. These reference materials are used to calib ...
52. Performance Verification of Impact Machines for Testing Plastics
Journal of Research (NIST JRES)
Thomas Allen Siewert, D P Vigliotti, L B Dirling, Christopher N McCowan
Valid comparison of impact test energies reported by various organizations and over time depends on consistent performance of impact test machines. This paper investigates the influence of various specimen and test parameters on impact energies in t ...
53. Welding Consumable Development for a Cryogenic (4K) Application
S F Kane, A L Farland, Thomas Allen Siewert, Christopher N McCowan
This paper summarizes the development and qualification of an appropriate welding consumable for a demanding cryogenic magnet application. It begins with a review of the research conducted on cryogenic fracture toughness of wrought and welded austen ...
54. For 100 Years, Notched Bar Impact Testing Standards Have Yielded Widespread Benefits for Industry
M P Manahan, Christopher N McCowan, Thomas Allen Siewert, J M Holt
Without Standardization, the impact test has little meaning.
55. Metallurgical Evaluation of Prestressed Wire Failures
Christopher N McCowan, Thomas Allen Siewert
Prestressed concrete pipe, having an inside diameter of 6.4 m (21 ft), was used to construct a series of siphons for the Central Arizona Project.