You searched on: Author: thomas gentile
Displaying records 21 to 30 of 86 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
21. Internal quantum efficiency modeling of silicon photodiodes
Thomas R Gentile, Steven W Brown, Keith R Lykke, Ping-Shine Shaw, John Taylor Woodward IV
Results are presented for modeling of the internal quantum efficiency (IQE) of silicon photodiodes in the 400 nm to 900 nm wavelength range. The IQE data are based on measurements of the external quantum efficiencies of three transmission trap detec ...
22. Effects of High Flux Neutron Beams on He-3 cells Polarized In-situ with Spin-exchange Optical Pumping
E Babcock, Stephen Boag, M Becker, W.C. Chen, T E. Chupp, Thomas R Gentile, G L Jones, A K. Petukhov, Torsten Soldner, T G Walker
Polarized 3He produced by spin-exchange optical pumping (SEOP) has potential as a neutron
spin filter for polarization and polarization analysis in many neutron scattering and neutron particle physics applications. The advantage of the SEOP method ...
23. Erratum: Precision Measurement of the n-He3 Incoherent Scattering Length Using Neutron Interferometry [Phys. Rev. Lett. 102, 200401 (2009)]
Michael G Huber, Muhammad Arif, T C Black, W.C. Chen, Thomas R Gentile, Daniel S Hussey, Dmitry Pushin, Fred E. Wietfeldt
24. An experiment for the precision measurement of the radiative decay mode of the neutron
R Cooper, Christopher D. Bass, E Beise, H Breuer, J Byrne, T E. Chupp, Kevin J Coakley, Maynard S Dewey, B Fisher, Changbo Fu, Thomas R Gentile, M. McGonagle, Hans P Mumm, Jeffrey S Nico, Alan K Thompson, F E. Wietfeldt
The neutron typically beta decays into a proton, electron, and antineutrino. In some
decays, it can be accompanied by a high energy photon. We recently performed the
rst observation of the radiative beta decay branch for the free neutron with phot ...
25. Effects of high intensity neutron flux on in-situ spin-exchange optical pumping of He-3
Thomas R Gentile, E Babcock, Stephen Boag, C. Becham, T E. Chupp, G L. Jones, A K. Petukhov, T G Walker
Prior studies revealed neutron beam-induced alkali-metal spin relaxation in 3He
cells polarized in-situ by spin-exchange optical pumping. These effects are minor for neutron
beams of low to moderate intensity, but become important at the highest ne ...
26. Coupled magnetic and ferroelectric hysteresis in multiferroic Ni ^ d3 ^ V ^ d2 ^ O ^ d8 ^
I. Cabrera, M. Kenzelmann, Wangchun Chen, Ross W. Erwin, Thomas R Gentile, Juscelino Leao, Jeffrey W Lynn, N. Rogado, R. J. Cava, C. Broholm, G. Lawes, Ying Chen
Electric control of spin chirality in a magnetically frustrated multiferroic is demonstrated through polarized magnetic neutron diffraction. Cooling to the cycloidal multiferroic phase of Ni ^ d3 ^ V ^ d2 ^ O ^ d8 ^ in an electric field causes the in ...
27. Precision Measurement of the Neutron-3He Spin-Dependent Scattering Length Using Neutron Interferometry
M Huber, F.E. Weitfeld, Thomas R Gentile, Wangchun Chen, Muhammad Arif, Dmitry Pushin, L Yang, T. Black
There is strong theoretical interest in the study of few-body nucleon systems. Experimental measurements of neutron scattering lengths are able to perform precise tests of nucleon-nucleon models. Neutron interferometry provides some of the most preci ...
28. Radiative Beta Decay of the Free Neutron
R L Cooper, T E. Chupp, Maynard S Dewey, Thomas R Gentile, Hans P Mumm, Jeffrey S Nico, Alan K Thompson, B M Fisher, I Kremsky, F E. Wietfeldt, E J Beise, H Breuer, K G Kiriluk, J Bryne, Kevin J Coakley, Changbo Fu
The theory of quantum electrodynamics predicts that the beta decay of the neutron into a proton, electron, and antineutrino is accompanied by a continuous spectrum of emitted photons described as
inner bremsstrahlung. While this phenomenon has been ...
29. Spin-exchange Optical Pumping of 3He with Rb/K Mixtures and Pure K
Wangchun Chen, Thomas R Gentile, S E Babcock, T G Walker
We have studied the efficiency of spin-exchange optical pumping (SEOP) in cells that contain either pure rubidium, mixtures of rubidium and potassium, or pure potassium. Optical pumping was performed with spectrally narrowed diode array lasers opera ...
30. Test of a Continuously Polarized 3He Neutron Spin Filter with NMR Based Polarization Inversion on a Single Crystal Diffractometer
G L Jones, F Dias, B Collett, W C Chen, Thomas R Gentile, P M Piccoli, M E Miller, A J Schultz, H Yan, X Tong, W M. Snow, W T Lee, C Hoffmann, J Thomison