You searched on: Author: piotr domanski
Displaying records 21 to 30 of 149 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
21. Performance Improvement of a Roof Top Air-Conditioning Unit by Refrigerant Circuitry Optimization
Sunil Lee, David A Yashar, Piotr A Domanski
In this experiment-aided simulation study, we achieved the performance improvement of a Roof Top Unit (RTU) by optimizing an evaporator‰s refrigerant circuitry using evolutionary algorithms. The system used in this study was a 2-stage 7.5 Ton RTU wit ...
22. FDD CX: A Fault Detection and Diagnostic Commissioning Tool for Residential Air Conditioners and Heat
Technical Note (NIST TN)
William V Payne, Jae Hyeok (J.H.) Heo, Piotr A Domanski
FDD CX is a commissioning tool for unitary, air-source, single-speed, vapor compression air
conditioner (AC) or heat pump (HP) systems. This software tool can be utilized to commission the
operation of residential ACs or HPs to ensure proper ref ...
23. Possibilities, Limits, and Tradeoffs for
Refrigerants in the Vapor Compression
Mark O McLinden, Andrei F Kazakov, J Steven Brown, Piotr A Domanski, Jae Hyeok (J.H.) Heo
We explore the possibilities for refrigerants having low global warming potential (GWP) using two distinct, but complimentary, approaches. In the
first approach, we evaluate the effect of a refrigerant‰s fundamental thermodynamic parameters on its p ...
24. A Dual Mode Evolutionary Algorithm Approach for Designing Optimized Finned-Tube Heat Exchangers
David A Yashar, Piotr A Domanski, Janusz Wojusiak, Kenneth Kaufman
The efficiency of a vapor compression system is strongly influenced by the performance of the finned-tube heat exchangers it employs. Heat exchanger performance is strongly influenced by the refrigerant circuitry, i.e., the connection sequence of th ...
25. A THERMODYNAMIC ANALYSIS OF REFRIGERANTS. I. THERMODYNAMIC LIMITS OF THE VAPOR COMPRESSION CYCLE
Piotr A Domanski, J Steven Brown, Jae Hyeok (J.H.) Heo, Janusz Wojtusiak, Mark O McLinden
This paper explores the thermodynamic performance limits of the vapor compression cycle. In
particular, we apply evolutionary algorithms to explore the performance of thousands of hypothetical
refrigerants defined by their thermodynamic parameter ...
26. CYCLE_D: NIST Vapor Compression Cycle Design Program
J Steven Brown, Piotr A Domanski, Eric W Lemmon
27. NIST Standard Reference Database 73
REFLEAK: NIST Leak/Recharge Simulation Model for Refrigerant Mixtures, Version 4.0
David Didion, MinSoo Kim, Piotr A Domanski
28. EVAP-COND, Version 3
Piotr A Domanski, David A Yashar
29. Alternative Cooling Technology Options
J Steven Brown, Piotr A Domanski
This paper considers the alternative cooling technologies studied by Fisher et al. (1994) and assesses their current potential to compete with or to replace vapor compression refrigeration technology for space cooling and near-room temperature refrig ...
30. Practical Aspects of Applying Evolutionary Algorithms for Optimizing Refrigerant Circuitry in Heat Exchangers
Piotr A Domanski, David A Yashar, Sunil Lee, Janusz Wojtusiak
A public domain finned-tube heat exchanger simulation program, EVAP-COND ver. 3.0, has been equipped with an evolutionary algorithm-based module, called ISHED ‹ Intelligent System for Heat Exchanger Design, which facilitates optimization of refrigera ...