You searched on: Author: piotr domanski
Displaying records 21 to 30 of 147 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
21. Possibilities, Limits, and Tradeoffs for
Refrigerants in the Vapor Compression
Mark O McLinden, Andrei F Kazakov, J S Brown, Piotr A Domanski, Jae Hyeok (J.H.) Heo
We explore the possibilities for refrigerants having low global warming potential (GWP) using two distinct, but complimentary, approaches. In the
first approach, we evaluate the effect of a refrigerant‰s fundamental thermodynamic parameters on its p ...
22. A Dual Mode Evolutionary Algorithm Approach for Designing Optimized Finned-Tube Heat Exchangers
David A Yashar, Piotr A Domanski, Janusz Wojusiak, Kenneth Kaufman
The efficiency of a vapor compression system is strongly influenced by the performance of the finned-tube heat exchangers it employs. Heat exchanger performance is strongly influenced by the refrigerant circuitry, i.e., the connection sequence of th ...
23. A THERMODYNAMIC ANALYSIS OF REFRIGERANTS. I. THERMODYNAMIC LIMITS OF THE VAPOR COMPRESSION CYCLE
Piotr A Domanski, J S Brown, Jae Hyeok (J.H.) Heo, Janusz Wojtusiak, Mark O McLinden
This paper explores the thermodynamic performance limits of the vapor compression cycle. In
particular, we apply evolutionary algorithms to explore the performance of thousands of hypothetical
refrigerants defined by their thermodynamic parameter ...
24. CYCLE_D: NIST Vapor Compression Cycle Design Program
J S Brown, Piotr A Domanski, Eric W Lemmon
25. NIST Standard Reference Database 73
REFLEAK: NIST Leak/Recharge Simulation Model for Refrigerant Mixtures, Version 4.0
David Didion, MinSoo Kim, Piotr A Domanski
26. EVAP-COND, Version 3
Piotr A Domanski, David A Yashar
27. Alternative Cooling Technology Options
J S Brown, Piotr A Domanski
This paper considers the alternative cooling technologies studied by Fisher et al. (1994) and assesses their current potential to compete with or to replace vapor compression refrigeration technology for space cooling and near-room temperature refrig ...
28. Practical Aspects of Applying Evolutionary Algorithms for Optimizing Refrigerant Circuitry in Heat Exchangers
Piotr A Domanski, David A Yashar, Sunil Lee, Janusz Wojtusiak
A public domain finned-tube heat exchanger simulation program, EVAP-COND ver. 3.0, has been equipped with an evolutionary algorithm-based module, called ISHED ‹ Intelligent System for Heat Exchanger Design, which facilitates optimization of refrigera ...
29. IMPACT OF CLASSICAL ASSUMPTIONS IN MODELLING A MICROCHANNEL GAS COOLER
Santiago Martinez-Ballester, Jose M. Corberan, Jose Gonzalvez-Macia, Piotr A Domanski
Most of the current air-to-refrigerant heat exchanger models use the classic ε-NTU approach.
These models do not account for 2D longitudinal heat conduction in the tube and the
longitudinal heat conduction in the fin. These models, also do not ...
30. IEA HPP Annex 36: Quality Installation / Quality Maintenance Sensitivity Analysis
Glenn Hourahan, Piotr A Domanski, Van Baxter
The paper summarizes the goals and planned activities to be undertaken by the participants in Annex 36. Some background information and status of Annex work specific to each participant is provided as well.