You searched on: Author: alden dima Sorted by: title
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 26 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Image Classification of Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells
Michael Grasso, Ronil Mokashi , Alden A Dima, Antonio Cardone, Kiran Bhadriraju, Anne L Plant, Mary C Brady, Yaacov Yesha, Yelena Yesha
The traditional method of cell microscopy can be subjective, due to observer variability, a lack of standardization, and a limited feature set. To address this challenge, we developed an image classifier using a machine learning approach. Our system ...
2. A Conceptual Model for Pervasive Computing
L P Ciarletta, Alden A Dima
As an emerging field, pervasive computing has not had the opportunity to develop a conceptual model similar to the OSI Reference Model used to describe computer networks. Such a model would be useful to properly classify issues raised during discussi ...
3. A Human Inspired Local Ratio-Based Algorithm for Edge Detection in Fluorescent Cell Images
Adele P Peskin, Joe Chalfoun, Alden A Dima, John T Elliott, James J Filliben
We have developed a new semi-automated method for segmenting
images of biological cells seeded at low density on tissue culture
substrates, which we use to improve the generation of reference data for
the evaluation of automated segmentation algor ...
4. A New Protocol for Semi-Automatic Generation of Reference Data for High Resolution Biological Images
Adele P Peskin, Joe Chalfoun, Alden A Dima, James J Filliben
We compare manually segmented masks of cell images that are independently hand-selected by several different people, with a new semi-automated method for estimating reference data for images of cells with very sharp clear edges. By quantifying the la ...
5. A Quality Pre-Processor for Biological Cell Images
Adele P Peskin, Karen Kafadar, Alden A Dima
We have developed a method to rapidly test the quality of a biological image, to identify appropriate segmentation methods, if any, that will render high quality segmentations for the cells within that image. The key contribution is the development o ...
6. A Win32-based Technique for Finding and Hashing NTFS Alternate Data Streams
Alden A Dima
As part of an effort to create new datasets for the computer forensic community, the National Software Reference Library created a simple Windows specific tool for internal use similar to md5deep, which is able to recursively walk an NTFS file syste ...
7. An Automated Method for Locating Phantom Nodules in Anthropomorphic Thoracic Phantom CT Studies
Adele P Peskin, Alden A Dima, Ganesh Saiprasad
The Cancer Imaging Archive (TCIA) has a publically available FDA database consisting of just over thousand CT scans intended for facilitating the assessment of lung nodule size estimation methodologies, the development of image analysis software, as ...
8. An Improved Index of Image Quality for Task-Based Performance of CT Iterative Reconstruction across
Three Commercial Implementations
Olav Christianson, Joseph Chen, Zhitong Yang, Ganesh Saiprasad, Alden A Dima, James J Filliben, Adele P Peskin, Eliot L Siegel, Ehsan Samei
9. Big Data Issues in Quantitative Imaging
Mary C Brady, Alden A Dima, Charles D. Fenimore, James J Filliben, John Lu, Adele P Peskin, Mala Ramaiah, Ganesh Saiprasad, Ram D Sriram
10. Comparative Evaluation of Multiple Programs Designed to Estimate Nodule Volumes from Computer Tomography Scans
Hyun J Kim, Alden A Dima, Athelogou Maria, Barnoy Eran, John Lu, Ganesh Saiprasad, Hubert Beaumont, Dirk Colditz, Andrew Buckler