You searched on:
Author: robert cook
Displaying records 41 to 49.
Resort by: Date / Title
41. Mechanical and electrical coupling at metal-insulator-metal nano-scale contacts
Doo-In Kim, Pradeep Narayanan Namboodiri, Frank W DelRio, Robert Francis Cook
Mechanical and electrical coupling at nano-scale metallic contacts was investigated using a conducting-probe atomic force microscope (AFM). The current-voltage responses were non-Ohmic, symmetric about zero bias, with conductance values smaller than ...
42. Origin of Adhesion in Humid Air
Doo-In Kim, Jaroslaw Grobelny, Pradeep Narayanan Namboodiri, Robert Francis Cook
The origin of adhesion at nanoscale contacts in humid air is investigated by pull-off force measurements using atomic force microscopes in controlled environments from ultra-high vacuum through various humidity conditions to water. An equivalent work ...
43. Giant Pop-Ins in Nanoindented Silicon and Germanium Caused by Lateral Cracking
David John Oliver, Brian Ronald Lawn, Robert Francis Cook, M G Reitsma, J E Bradby, Juana S Williams, Paul Munroe
44. Diameter-Dependent Radial and Tangential Elastic Moduli of ZnO Nanowires
Gheorghe Stan, C V Ciobanu, Prahalad M. Parthangal, Robert Francis Cook
45. Origin of Adhesion in Humid Air
D -I Kim, Jaroslaw Grobelny, N Pradeep, Robert Francis Cook
46. Effect of topography and multi-asperity contacts on nano-scale elastic property measurements by atomic force acoustic microscopy,
Gheorghe Stan, Robert Francis Cook
47. Measurement Science and Technology for Ceramics Innovations
Debra L Kaiser, Robert Francis Cook
Innovations in ceramic technologies are often driven by the discovery and introduction of a material with novel or improved behavior that enables realization of a superior component, device or system. Over the past few decades, advanced ceramic mater ...
48. Nanoindentation Behavior and Mechanical Properties Measurement of Polymeric Materials
Robert Francis Cook, Michelle Oyen
49. Nanoparticle Lithography and Imaging Scanning Probe Microscopy
Jaroslaw Grobelny, De-Hao D. Tsai, Doo-In Kim, Pradeep Narayanan Namboodiri, Robert Francis Cook, Michael Russel Zachariah
Scanning tunnelling microscopy (STM) imaging was performed on goldsurfaces with a large coverage of monodispersed silver nanoparticlessoft-landed on the surface from the gas phase. In both ambient and ultra-highvacuum conditions, STM scanning was fou ...