You searched on: Author: matthew bundy
Displaying records 31 to 35.
Resort by: Date / Title
31. Suppression of Low Strain Rate Flames by an Agent (NISTIR 6588)
NIST Interagency/Internal Report (NISTIR)
Anthony P Hamins, Matthew F Bundy, I K Puri
The structure and suppression of low strain rate methane-air nonpremixed flames were investigated experimentally and computationally. Measurements of the critical suppression conditions were conducted using N2, CO2, and CF3Br added to the fuel or oxi ...
32. Creeping Flame Spread Along Fuel Cylinders in Forced and Natural Flows and Microgravity
M A Delichatsios, R A Altenkirch, Matthew F Bundy, S Bhattacharjee, L Tang, K Sacksteder
Semianalytical expressions are developed for creeping flame spread parallel to a fuel cylinder axis so that spread rates measured or predicted for flat surfaces over the same material can be directly used for cylindrical surfaces. Two phenomena are i ...
33. Measurements and Simulations of Low Strain Rate Non-Premixed Methane Flame Extinction
Anthony P Hamins, Matthew F Bundy, C B Oh
The extinction and structure of non-premixed flames were investigated through the comparison of experiments and calculations using a counterflow configuration. Experiments were conducted at the NASA Glenn Research Center s 2.2 s drop tower to attain ...
34. Microgravity Superagglomerates Produced by Silane and Acetylene
Matthew F Bundy, George William Mulholland, Samuel L Manzello, Jiann C Yang, J HJ Scott
A study of acetylene and silane diffusion flames was performed in normal gravity (1-g) and microgravity ([mu]-g) to determine the evolution of soot and silica agglomerates. The objective of this study was to understand the process of gas phase agglo ...
35. Numerical Model of a Large-Scale Oxygen Consumption Fire Calorimeter
Sung C. Kim, Matthew F Bundy