You searched on: Author: muhammad arif Sorted by: date
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 57 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. A New Cold Neutron Imaging Instrument at NIST
Daniel S Hussey, Christoph Wilhelm Brocker, David L. Jacobson, Thomas R Gentile, Wangchun Chen, Elias M Baltic, DV Baxter, J. Doskow, Muhammad Arif
The NIST neutron imaging program will build a new imaging instrument in the NCNR guide hall at the end of the neutron guide NG-6, beginning operation in summer of 2014. The NG-6 guide has a spectrum that is strongly peaked at a neutron wavelength of ...
2. Quantum correlations in a noisy neutron interferometer
Michael G Huber, Muhammad Arif, Christopher Wood, D G Cory, M. O. Abutaleb, Dimitry A. Pushin
We investigate quantum coherences in the presence of noise by entangling the spin and path
degrees of freedom of the output neutron beam from a noisy three-blade perfect crystal neutron
interferometer. We nd that in the presence of dephasing noise ...
3. Neutron Interferometric Measusrement of the Scattering Length Difference Between the Triplet and Singlet States of N-3 He.
Michael G Huber, Muhammad Arif, Wei-Chen N. Chen, Thomas R Gentile, Daniel S Hussey, T C Black, Dimitry A. Pushin, F. E Wiefeldt, C.B Shahi, L Yang
We report a new determination of the n-Helium-3 scattering length difference Delta b = (−5.411 ± 0.031 (statistical) ± 0.039 (systematic) ) fm between the triplet and singlet states using a neutron interferometer. This revises our previous res ...
4. Demonstration of Achromatic Cold-Neutron Microscope Utilizing Axisymmetric Focusing Mirrors.
Daniel S Hussey, D. Liu, M. V. Gubarev, D Ramsey, David L. Jacobson, Muhammad Arif, D. E Moncton, B. Khaykovich
An achromatic cold-neutron microscope with magnification 4 is demonstrated. The image-forming optics is made of nested coaxial mirrors of full figures of revolution, so-called Wolter optics. The spatial resolution, field of view, and depth of focus a ...
5. Design of remnant magnetization FeCoV films as compact, heatless neutron spin rotators
Michael G Huber, M. O. Abutaleb, Dimitry A. Pushin, Charles F Majkrzak, Muhammad Arif, D G Cory
We introduce a design of a neutron spin rotator for applications with space and
temperature constraints. These passive devices employ remnant magnetization Fe-
CoV thin films and can be tuned experimentally to achieve arbitrary rotation of an
6. Erratum: Precision Measurement of the n-He3 Incoherent Scattering Length Using Neutron Interferometry [Phys. Rev. Lett. 102, 200401 (2009)]
Michael G Huber, Muhammad Arif, T C Black, W.C. Chen, Thomas R Gentile, Daniel S Hussey, Dmitry Pushin, Fred Eberhardt Wietfeldt
7. Precision Measurement of the Neutron-3He Spin-Dependent Scattering Length Using Neutron Interferometry
M Huber, F.E. Weitfeld, Thomas R Gentile, Wangchun Chen, Muhammad Arif, Dmitry Pushin, L Yang, T. Black
There is strong theoretical interest in the study of few-body nucleon systems. Experimental measurements of neutron scattering lengths are able to perform precise tests of nucleon-nucleon models. Neutron interferometry provides some of the most preci ...
8. Use of Neutron Imaging for PEMFC Performance Analysis and Design
T Trabold, Jon P Owejan, Jeffrey J Gagliardo, David L. Jacobson, Daniel S Hussey, Muhammad Arif
Efficient water management is one of the key design objectives for proton exchange membrane fuel cells (PEMFCs), due to the influence of water on material selection, hardware configuration, and stack operating conditions. Neutron imaging has proven t ...
9. Neutron Imaging Investigation of Liquid Water Distribution in and the Performance of a PEM Fuel Cell
J Park, X Li, D Tran, T Abdel-Baset, Daniel S Hussey, David L. Jacobson, Muhammad Arif
In this study neutron radiography is applied to investigate the performance of a PEM fuel cell based on the effect of liquid water accumulation in the cell. Dynamic performance tests have been carried out on a PEM fuel cell with a specially designed ...
10. Neutron Collimation with Microchannel Plates: Calibration of Existing Technology and Near Future Possibilities
Robert G Downing, Daniel S Hussey, A S Tremsin, David F R Mildner, W B Feller, David L. Jacobson, Muhammad Arif, O H Siegmund