You searched on: Author: andrew allen
Displaying records 41 to 50 of 81 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
41. Growth of Nanocrystalline Ceria Studied Using a USAXS Capillary Flow-Cell
Vincent A Hackley, Andrew John Allen, P R Jemian, J M Raitano, S W Chan
Nanocrystalline ceria particles, with dimensions as small as 2 nm, have been prepared at room temperature by a soft chemical route using aqueous cerium nitrate and hexamethylenetetramine (HMT) as reactants. HMT decomposes slowly in aqueous solution, ...
42. Advanced Neutron and X-ray Techniques for Insights into the Microstructure of EB-PVD Thermal Barrier Coatings
A Kulkarni, A N Goland, H Herman, Andrew John Allen, T A Dobbins, F DeCarlo, J Ilavsky, Gabrielle Gibbs Long, S Fang, P Lawton
43. The Nucleation of Atomic Layer Deposited HfO2 Films, and Evolution of Their Microstruture, Studied by Grazing Incidence Small Angle X-ray Scattering Using Synchrotron Radiation
Martin L Green, Andrew John Allen, Xiang Li, Junling Wang, J Ilavsky, A Delabie, R Puurunen, B Brijs
44. Analysis of C-S-H Gel and Cement Paste by Small-Angle Neutron Scattering
Andrew John Allen, J Thomas
45. Microstructure Characterization of Thermal Barrier Coating Deposits Practical Models from Measuremen
J Ilavsky, Andrew John Allen, T A Dobbins, A Kulkarni, H Herman
46. Characterization of Ceramics by X-ray and Neutron Small-Angle Scattering
Andrew John Allen
47. Characterization of Ceramics by X-Ray and Neutron Small-Angle Scattering
Andrew John Allen
48. In Situ Quasi-Elastic Scattering Characterization of Particle Size Effects on the Hydration of Tricalcium Silicate
Andrew John Allen, J C McLaughlin, Dan A. Neumann, Richard A Livingston
The effects of different particle size distributions on the real-time hydration of tricalcium silicate cement paste have beenstudied in situ by quasi-elastic neutron scattering. The changing state of water in the cement system is followed as a functi ...
49. Microstructure-Property Correlations in Industrial Thermal Barrier Coatings
A Kulkarni, A N Goland, H Herman, Andrew John Allen, J Ilavsky, Gabrielle Gibbs Long, C A Johnson, J A Ruud
This paper describes the results from multidisciplinary characterization/scattering techniques employed for the quantitative characterization of industrial thermal barrier coating (TBC) systems used in advanced gas turbines. While past requirements ...
50. Studies of the Microstructure and Properties of Dense Ceramic Coatings Produced by High-Velocity Oxgen-Fuel Combustion Spraying
A Kulkarni, J Gutleber, S Sampath, A N Goland, W B Lindquist, H Herman, Andrew John Allen, B A Dowdy
High-velocity oxygen-fuel (HVOF) spraying stands out among the various processes to improve metal and ceramic coating density and surface characteristics. This paper explores microstructure development, coating characterization and properties of HVOF ...