BioCTS for ANSI/NIST-ITL 1-2011 Traditional and NIEM XML Encoding
BioCTS for ANSI/NIST-ITL 1-2011 (AN-2011) is designed to test AN-2011 transactions for conformance to the AN-2011 standard. Conformance testing is performed for the following selected record types:
- Type 1, Transaction Information Record
- Type 4, High-resolution grayscale fingerprint image
- Type 10, Facial and SMT image
- Type 13, Variable-resolution latent image
- Type 14, Variable-resolution fingerprint image
- Type 15, Palm print image
- Type 17, Iris image
For transactions that include record types other than those listed above, the presence of the records is reported (including record length), but no conformance testing is performed on these records.
BioCTS for AN-2011 contains everything required to test implementations of AN-2011. Read the instructions contained in the associated documentation
To see what has changed since the initial release, please review the Changelog.
- BioCTS for AN-2011 Install File - (Beta 1.1.4961.21207) August 1, 2013
- Feature: Text Output Log Search - A User can now perform textual search of the Text Output Log from within BioCTS for AN-2011
- Feature: Batch File, and Individual File Statistics - A User can now get a high-level overview of the types of results, including: Critical, Error, Warning, Message and Ok; as well as knowing how many transactions passed or failed within batch testing.
- BioCTS for AN-2011 NIEM XML Modified Schema - August 5, 2013 - To read the rationale behind, and a summary of the modifications, please refer to the BioCTS for AN-2011 NIEM XML User Guide, August 2013, below.
- AN-2011 Sample data - May 2013
ANSI/NIST-ITL 1-2011 Formatted Record and Field Extractor - This software was designed to extract biometric and non-biometric data from files that conform to the Traditional data format specified in ANSI/NIST-ITL 1-2011. The Traditional encoding format was not changed in Update 2013 of the ANSI/NIST-ITL 1-2011 standard; this tool should be able to extract fields and records from those files as well. - March 2014
- DRAFT NIST SP 500-295 Revision 1 - Conformance Testing Methodology for ANSI/NIST-ITL 1-2011, Data Format for the Interchange of Fingerprint, Facial & Other Biometric Information, Fernando L. Podio, Dylan Yaga, and Christofer J. McGinnis, October 2013
- ANSI/NIST-ITL 1-2011 Formatted Record and Field Extractor User Guide – Dylan Yaga, Fernando L. Podio, Christofer J. McGinnis, March 2014
- NISTIR 7957 Conformance Test Architecture and Test Suite for ANSI/NIST-ITL 1-2011 NIEM XML Encoded Transactions, Fernando L. Podio, Dylan Yaga, and Christofer J. McGinnis, September 2013
- BioCTS for AN-2011 NIEM XML User Guide, Dylan Yaga, Fernando L. Podio, Christofer J. McGinnis, August 2013
- BioCTS 2012 for AN-2011 User Guide, Fernando L. Podio, Dylan Yaga, Christofer J. McGinnis, August 2012
- NIST Special Publication 500-295 Conformance Testing Methodology for ANSI/NIST-ITL 1-2011, Data Format for the Interchange of Fingerprint, Facial & Other Biometric Information (Release 1.0), Editors: Fernando L. Podio, Dylan Yaga, Christofer J. McGinnis, August 2012
- NISTIR 7877 BioCTS 2012: Advanced Conformance Test Architectures and Test Suites for Biometric Data Interchange Formats and Biometric Information Records, Fernando L. Podio, Dylan Yaga, and Christofer J. McGinnis, September 2012
Send comments/errors on the tool, sample data and documentation to BioCTS@nist.gov
The following screen captures were taken from BioCTS for AN-2011. Batch testing and the Editor are shown in the examples below:
Batch Testing: Overall results (left panel), Detailed results (right panel)
All supported record types shown. Arrows allow user to expand results
Editor With Expanded Results: Field 1.001 (LEN) expanded to show containing data