The United States and the European Union cooperate on issues of security and public safety. Among the cooperative initiatives between the EU and the US is an agreement between NIST and the EU Joint Research Center's Institute for the Protection and Security of the Citizen. This agreement focuses on test methods and assessments of security for physical infrastructure. NIST's National Security Standards Program coordinates research conducted through this agreement.
Learn more about our how NIST and the EU Joint Research Center cooperative on security and standards research through these links below.
- EU and NIST Extend Scientific Cooperation on Measurements and Standards
- Guide to EU Standards and Conformity Assessment
- NIST and EU Work Together on Chemistry, Life Science and Emerging Technology Measurements
- NIST Collaborates with EU on Hazardous Substance Measurements
- United States and EU Agree on Mutual Acceptance of Measurements
- See all NIST International Agreements