SURF Application Q & A Sessions Scheduled February 5th and February 10th (@ Noon E.T.)
The SURF vacancy announcement closes soon. If you wish to attend a virtual virtual session to learn more about the SURF Program and get answers to your questions, send an e-mail to brandi.toliver [at] nist.gov for details. Your e-mail must be received 24 hours before the scheduled session.
If you have questions, send an e-mail to Dr. Brandi Toliver at brandi.toliver [at] nist.gov.
The application process for the SURF Program has changed this year. Students must apply on USAJobs.Gov to be considered for acceptance into the program. To apply to the SURF Program, a USAJOBS profile is required. If you do not have a profile, please create it here . To learn more information about NIST, the SURF Program, and the revamped application process, you are encouraged to view a recently recorded webinar.
A complete submission (via USAJOBS.GOV) contains the following:
4. A brief (two pages or less) resume which includes name, e-mail, school name, G.P.A., research experience, technical skills, extracurricular activities, and graduation date (example resume)
5. Transcript(s) from your current undergraduate institution only (unofficial is acceptable). Note: The transcript must confirm your current enrollment status.
6. Two (2) letters of recommendation - Please request the letters from individuals who are knowledgeable about your academic achievements and research experience. Feel free to ask your professors (current and past), research mentors, or internship supervisors.
7. Verification of U.S. citizenship: Demonstrated by submitting a copy of an unexpired U.S. Passport, birth certificate, or naturalization certificate.
Verification of U.S. permanent residency: Demonstrated by submitting a copy an unexpired green card. NOTE: Driver license and social security card are not adequate forms of proof of U.S. citizenship.
8. Verification of health insurance (copy of insurance card)
The SURF Program is anticipated to run between May 24 – August 6, 2021 on behalf of the Boulder days ; adjustments may be made to accommodate specific academic schedules . Students are expected to participate in the program until August 6, 2021.