This is an example of a mobile spectroscopic instrument document; this particular instrument is making measurements while in motion.
- The mobile instrument is described via the <RadInstrumentInformation> element.
- The radiation detectors are described via <RadDetectorInformation> elements; the gamma radiation detector is a 1.6 L volume Nal(Tl); the neutron radiation detector is a 1 L He-3 proportional counter.
- The energy and FWHM calibrations of the gamma radiation detector are given.
- Two spectrum measurements and the analyses thereof are given, via two pairs of <RadMeasurement> and <AnalysisResults> elements
- Each <RadMeasurement> has a unique identifier ("M-1222" and "M-1223"). The mean position, direction, and speed of the radiation measurement instrument are described via <RadInstrumentState>: the Direction, -90 degrees, is due West; the speed is 2.2 meters per second.
- The <AnalysisResults>elements resulting from the spectral analysis each report the identification of Cs-137, and the quantification of two spectra peaks at 661.7 and 1460.8 keV.
Mobile system file: http://physics.nist.gov/N42/2011/AnnexG.n42