- Computer Scientist, NIST, Gaithersburg, MD, 2012-present
- Adjunct Instructor, Computer Science and Electrical Engineering Department, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Baltimore, MD, 2012
- Research Scientist, SPARTA, Inc., Columbia, MD, 1997-2009
- Ph.D. Candidate 2012, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Computer Science
- M.S. 2010, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Computer Science
- B.S. summa cum laude 2007, University of Maryland, University College, Computer Science
Wesley Griffin is a Computer Scientist in the High Performance Computing and Visualization Group of the Applied and Computational Mathematics Division of the Information Technology Laboratory at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). He is also a Ph.D. Candidate in the Computer Science and Electrical Engineering Department at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County. His research interests are in scientific visualization and real-time computer graphics. He is a member of the ACM, ACM SIGGRAPH, IEEE, IEEE Computer Society, IEEE Signal Processing Society, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM), and the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).
- Griffin, Wesley, Yu Wang, David Berrios, and Marc Olano. 2012. Real-Time GPU Surface Curvature Estimation on Deforming Meshes and Volumetric Datasets. Visualization and Computer Graphics, IEEE Transactions on 18 (10): 1603-1613. DOI: 10.1109/TVCG.2012.113. Shader Code and Data Sets.
- Olano, Marc, Dan Baker, Wesley Griffin, and Joshua Barczak. 2011. Variable Bit Rate GPU Texture Compression. Computer Graphics Forum 30 (4): 1299-1308. DOI: 10.1111/j.1467-8659.2011.01989.x.
- Griffin, Wesley, Yu Wang, David Berrios, and Marc Olano. 2011. GPU Surface Curvature Estimation on Deformable Meshes. In Proceedings of the 2011 ACM SIGGRAPH Symposium on Interactive 3D Graphics and Games (I3D), 159-166 New York: ACM. Best Paper Honorable Mention. DOI: 10.1145/1944745.1944772. Shader Code and Data Sets.