Current Research Projects
- Extending the application of the NIST SRI 6005 instrument to measure the real-time polymerization properties simultaneously for self-curing bone cements.
- Clarifying the discrepancies regarding the effect of light curing protocols on photopolymerization properties of resin based dental composites.
- Working to provide conditions for the validity of the exposure reciprocity law as it pertains to the photopolymerization of dental composites.
- This project will provide a database of various light-curing conditions that can be applied in the photopolymerization process to serve as the basis for accurate guidelines in clinical practice.
- Developing metrology using AFM-based force spectroscopy to quantify single bacterial cell adhesion to dental materials under clinically relevant oral conditions.
Palagummi S., Hong T., Wang Z., Moon C.K., Chiang M.Y.M., 2020. “Resin viscosity determines the condition for a valid exposure reciprocity law in dental composites.” Dental Materials, 36(2), pp.310-319.
Wang X., Huyang G., Palagummi S., Liu X., Skrtic D., Beauchamp C., Bowen, R., and Sun J., 2018. “High performance dental resin composites with hydrolytically stable monomers.” Dental Materials, 34(2), pp.228-237.
Palagummi S., Landis F.A., and Chiang M.Y.M., 2018. “Real-time synchronous measurement of curing characteristics and polymerization stress in bone cements with a cantilever-beam based instrument”. Review of Scientific Instruments, 89(3), p.035102.
Palagummi S. and Yuan F.G., 2018. “A bi-stable horizontal diamagnetic levitation based low frequency vibration energy harvester”, Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, 279, pp. 743-752.
Palagummi S. and Yuan F.G., 2017. “An enhanced performance of a horizontal diamagnetic levitation mechanism–based vibration energy harvester for low frequency applications”. Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, 28(5), pp.578-594.
Palagummi S. and Yuan F.G., 2016. “Magnetic levitation and its application for low frequency vibration energy harvesting.” In Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) in Aerospace Structures, pp. 213-251. (Book Chapter)
Palagummi S., Zou, J., and Yuan F.G., 2015. “A horizontal diamagnetic levitation based low frequency vibration energy harvester”. Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, 137(6), p.061004.
Palagummi S. and Yuan F.G., 2015. “An optimal design of a mono-stable vertical diamagnetic levitation based electromagnetic vibration energy harvester”. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 342, pp.330-345.
Wang X.Y., Palagummi S., Liu L., and Yuan F. G., 2013. “A magnetically levitated vibration energy harvester”. Smart Materials and Structures, 22(5), p.055016.