Eric L Kilpatrick
- Graduate Research Assistant, University of Kentucky, 1994-2001
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Medical University of South Carolina, 2002-2005
- Biologist, NIST, 2005-present
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology 1983
- Master of Business Administration, Columbus State University, 1988
- Physiology, Ph.D., University of Kentucky 2001
Eric's employment at NIST began with the investigation of changes in human serum albumin in response to ischemic episodes in order to determine specific analytes for measurement. Further protein-related research has focused on the development of affinity techniques to quantify low-abundance proteins in human serum with higher-order methods. He has also performed measurements in serum of additional analytes including glucose and vitamin B6.