Twenty-one year veteran of the U.S. Navy, retired in September 2014 as a Chief Intelligence Specialist. I was stationed on 3 ships (USS GUAM, USS MITSCHER and the USS CARNEY). I was also deployed in Puerto Rico, Japan, Bahrain, Iraq and back to Bahrain. My last duty station was as an Operations Coordinator for the U.S. Defense Attaché Office at the U.S. Embassy to Bahrain.
I am now the Office Manager for Group 646.07 (Environmental Chemical Sciences Group) in the Chemical Sciences Division for NIST, located in Charleston, SC at the Hollings Marine Laboratory (HML). I maintain personnel records for 16 scientists and provide many other administrative and logistical support in order for the group to perform their work smoothly.
Professional Awards and Recognition
- Defense Meritorious Service Medal, Bahrain, 2014
- Joint Service Achievement Medal, Bahrain, 2014
- Joint Service Commendation Medal, Tampa, 2012
- Joint Service Commendation Medal, Iraq, 2010
- Army Achievement Medal, Iraq, 2010
- Joint Service Commendation Medal, Bahrain, 2006
- Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal, 2006
- Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Coordinator for U.S. Central Command, Tampa, FL, 2012