How to apply for a job at NIST, Department of Commerce, and other Federal agencies
Search for Job Vacancies: Vacancy announcements contain important information that applicants need to know to apply for a specific job opening including the duties and responsibilities of the position; minimum qualification requirements; knowledge, skills, and abilities needed for the position; and general application procedures. The following links and information are provided to assist you in your job search:
- USAJOBS: Lists all Federal vacancy announcements. From the USAJOBS homepage, you may:
- Search for jobs
- Create a resume
- Learn about the Federal hiring process
- USAJOBS Home Page for NIST: If you would like to confine your search to NIST vacancy announcements, we have provided this link which will highlight only NIST's vacancies.
- USAJOBS Student and Recent Graduate Opportunities
- USAJOBS Executive Level Positions
For questions, applicants can call the Office of Human Resources Management help desk at 301-975-3000, Federal Relay Service 800-877-8339 (TTY).
Return to the Careers at NIST home page.