Reporting for Work
On your first day, you will report to work at 8:30 a.m. The enter-on- duty (EOD) process will begin at 9:30 in room 1029. To enter the facility, you will need to go through the NTIS bookstore located at the front of the building. Please use your supervisor as your point-of-contact and facility escort.
During EOD a HR representative will go through your completed forms and address any questions you may have. After EOD you will report to your immediate supervisor who will go over your position responsibilities; work expectations; and any other essential rules, regulations or guidelines.
NTIS is located approximately 11 miles south of Washington, D.C. The address is:
5301 Shawnee Road
Alexandria, VA 22312-2379
- Take I-395 to Exit 2B, Edsall Road, toward VA-648.
- Turn right at Cherokee Avenue
- Continue on Shawnee Road.
- NTIS is on the right.
By Metrorail and Cab:
- Take Metrorail to the Van Dorn Metro station.
- The cab fare is approximately $15 from that location.
By Metrorail and Bus:
- Take Metrorail to the Van Dorn Metro station
- Take Fairfax Connector bus, Route 321. This route runs about every 30 minutes.
- Get off at Cherokee Avenue
- NTIS is about .25 mile straight up the road.
Parking at NTIS is free. Employees are welcome to park in spaces that are not otherwise designated as visitor or authorized personnel.
Official Days and Duty Hours
NTIS core hours are from 9:00 a.m. through 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Employees work with their immediate supervisors to arrange their official work schedule.
NTIS does not have a cafeteria facility on site but does have several delis and restaurants within walking distance of the building.