Configuring your Browser to Access the NIST Student Information System
If you experience problems accessing the NIST Student Information System (SIS), more than likely your browser is not set-up to be SSL compatible. In Internet Explorer, this can be changed by taking the following action:
- Launch an Internet Browser session.
- Click "Tools" and "Options."
- Click the "Advanced" tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the "Settings" box.
- In the 'Security" section check the box for "Use TLS 1.0".
- Click "Apply" then "OK."
- Press the "F5" key – to refresh your browser.
- Access the Student Information System -- and complete your application.
Please send an e-mail to the OHRM Help Desk if you continue experiencing problems....and be sure to include your phone number so that we can respond directly to you. Return to the SHIP Application Process web page.Return to the Student Employment home page.