For Wednesday, February 20, NIST Gaithersburg is CLOSED with Limited Access.
- The site is closed for onsite business and no public access is permitted.
- Designated emergency employees must report to work as scheduled.
- Telework-ready employees must follow the terms of their agreements.
- Non-emergency employees/associates who have a requirement to access the site, and who are currently authorized 24x7 access can be granted entry subject to site conditions. They are advised to call the NIST Police Console at 301-975-2805 to check site conditions before they travel. Gate A will be the only access point, 100% swipe card procedures will be in place. Staff entering the site must not interfere with ongoing emergency operations.
- Non-emergency and non-teleworking employees will be granted an excused absence.
- All conferences and meetings are cancelled.
The entire area is under a Winter Storm Warning from 1 AM to 7 PM EST Wednesday. This is a major winter weather event with heavy mixed precipitation expected. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 6 inches and ice accumulations of up to one tenth of an inch are expected. Travel disruptions within the county and region are possible as roads quickly become snow covered and icy. If you must travel, allow extra time to reach your destination. Please remain alert for ongoing plow/salt operations.