For Wednesday, February 7, NIST Gaithersburg will be OPEN with 2 Hours Delayed Arrival with Option for UNSCHEDULED LEAVE or UNSCHEDULED TELEWORK.
- The site is open for business. Employees should plan to arrive for work no more than 2 hours later than they are usually expected to arrive.
- Special flexibility is offered for those who cannot commute safely to work.
- Designated emergency employees must report to work as scheduled.
- Telework ready employees must follow DOC/NIST guidance and the terms of their telework agreements.
- Non emergency employees/associates must notify their supervisor of their intent to use unscheduled leave/telework.
- Conferences and meetings will be held, but those scheduled earlier than 10 AM should delay their start until that time. The VCAT meeting will be delayed until 10 AM.
Temperatures are at or near freezing and a wintry mix is predicted through the morning hours. Ice is expected. Be alert and use caution while traveling to and around the NIST Gaithersburg site. Wear appropriate footwear. If you are traveling from an area with accumulation, allow extra time to safely travel.