Welcome to the website for the 2020 Service Life Prediction Meeting in Denver, CO March 23-27, 2020.
Service Life Prediction of Polymers and Related Materials. 2020: Sharpening the Focus.
This 8th conference on Service Life Prediction will establish the current state-of-art methodologies, procedures and techniques. Together we will share exciting new technical advances in Service Life Prediction. We will update the roadmap for future technical, standards, and commercial needs for polymer containing materials exposed to outdoor weathering. This conference builds on the success of the previous on Service Life Prediction meetings held in 2016, 2013, 2006, 2004, 1999, and 1997. The results from this meeting will be compiled into a published volume.,
All areas of the service life prediction will be addressed including:
- Discussion of Measuring Solar Radiation
- Advances in Field Exposures
- Advances in Laboratory Exposures
- Challenges Related to Specific Applications (PV, Nuclear, Wind, Construction)
- Characterization of Polymer Properties
- Correlation between Laboratory and Field Exposure
- Effect of Coating Weathering on Substrate Corrosion
- How to Understand Moisture in Service Life Prediction
- Industrial Needs for Service Life Prediction
- New Material Challenges
- Progress in Validating Service Life Prediction Models
- Reliability and Durability of Polymeric and Nanomaterials
- Standards Needs
Denver Colorado is the site for our next gathering of the Service Life Prediction meeting. Denver is close to both the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) (link is external), NIST Boulder Campus, and the .
This exciting program will start on Monday with a reception. The format for the talks is 30 minutes for each talk followed by an hour moderated panel/discussion session. The mornings will feature six talks and the evenings will feature two talks.
Each day in the late afternoon, our partners at UL will hold a two hour discussion on updating the 746 process (link is external). All are encouraged to attend and participate, especially on Monday where there will be overview lectures.
This strong technical program features presentations from across the globe with a healthy mix of industrial, academic and government perspectives.