Important! Please note that to avoid a conflict with the AUSA meeting also held in Washington, DC, the International Person Armour Committee (IPAC) has changed the dates for PASS 2018 to 1 to 5 October 2018. The meeting will still be held at the Westin Washington DC City Center. This is the first PASS conference to be held in the United States, and the second to be held in North America.
PASS 2018 offers a unique opportunity for the exchange of views and experiences in the field of personal armour systems between academia, users and manufacturers. Experts will share the results of the latest research, and panel discussions will allow inputs from participants. Attendees will include representatives from defense and academic research organization, industry, military and police forces. The Symposium is focused on all aspects relating directly to personal protection e.g. military and police body armour, helmets, and EOD protection. In conjunction with the symposium, there will be an industry exhibition area to allow the discussion, illustration and promotion of ideas and equipment from our sponsors and exhibitors.
The International Personal Armour Committee (IPAC) has finalized the selection of manuscripts that will be presented at PASS 2018. Authors should have received notification of manuscript acceptance and whether their presentation will be an oral presentation or a brief oral introduction followed by a poster session. If you have not received this notification and expect one, please contact Amanda Forster.
Information for Oral Presentations at PASS 2018:
Oral presenters, please carefully read the following information:
• Each oral presenter will get 30 minutes to present his/her presentation, which includes time to answer questions from the audience. Please plan your presentation to take about 25 minutes to allow sufficient time for questions and answers.
• There is no prescribed format for the slides.
• Please see the session chair or one of the conference organizers to upload your presentation to the conference laptop at the break before your session.
• Each attendee at PASS 2018 will receive a portable USB electronic storage device that includes all the papers that are being presented at the symposium. Abstracts of the presentation will be put in the event guide, accompanied by a short autobiography and photo of the author.
Information for Poster Presenters at PASS 2018:
Poster presenters, please carefully read the following information:
• Poster presenters will get 5 minutes at the podium to introduce the work described in his/her poster. No more than four slides are allowed.
• You will need to be available at your poster at the break following your briefing to discuss and answer questions raised by your work. You may be available at other times of your choosing during the conference.
• The poster briefing will be accommodated in the program on October 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. The poster session will be open on October 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.
• There is no prescribed format for these presentations.
• You are responsible for printing and bringing your own poster with you to the conference.
• Posters should be put up on Monday, October 1, after the conference concludes for the day.
• Push pins will be provided.
• The poster backer board is 4 ft tall by 8 ft wide (approximately 120 cm tall by 240 cm wide).
• You may make your poster any size that will fit on the backer board.
Please don’t forget to register for PASS 2018, or you will not be able to enter the conference venue. A link to the registration site is available at the sidebar to the right.
15th October 2017: Deadline for submission of Abstracts
1st December 2017: Notification of Acceptance of Abstract to Authors
2nd March 2018: Deadline for submission of Full Papers
15th May 2018: Peer Review comments to Authors
1st July 2018: Deadline for submission Final version of Paper
1st October 2018: Symposium starts
5th October 2018: Symposium finishes