NIST Diffusion Workshop Group
The 2017 Diffusion Workshop was held September 11-12, 2017 at NIST. The presentations are now available online.
The next workshop is planned for early 2019. More details will be posted in September of 2017
For more information, please contact Carelyn Campbell.
- To improve communication between experts in multicomponent diffusion measurement, analysis and simulation.
- To establish the most efficient method for extracting diffusion data (diffusion coefficients, fluxes, marker location) from multicomponent diffusion couple experiments.
- To provide a forum to solve common diffusion software execution problems.
- To agree on a common diffusion mobility database assessment procedure.
- To establish a general approach to data handling and diffusion modeling in ordered phases.
- To develop standard problems and web site for inter-laboratory comparison of diffusion simulation methods and data extraction techniques.
- First Workshop March 27&28, 2003
- Second Workshop September 16&17, 2003
- Third Workshop April 1&2, 2004
- Fourth Workshop April 19&20, 2005
- Fifth Workshop February 7&8, 2006
- Sixth Workshop May 14&15, 2007
- Seventh Workshop May 12&13, 2008
- Eighth Workshop March 25&26, 2009
- Ninth Workshop March 23&24, 2010
- Tenth Workshop 2011
- Eleventh Workshop May 3&4, 2012
Software and Data Tools
- Mathematica script of the t^1/2 growth of planar layers
- NIST Diffusion Data Center
- NIMS Diffusion Database
- Defect and Diffusion Forum
- Diffusion Fundamentals
- Isotopic Diffusion Databases for Magnesium Integrated Computational Materials Engineering (Mg-ICME)
Macros for Standard Diffusion Problems
- Co-Ni Data from JC Zhao, GE Global Research and Development
- Ni/René-88 and René-88/IN718 Diffusion couple data reported in J. Phase Equilibria & Diffusion 25 (2004) 6-15.
Upcoming Diffusion Conferences
14th International Conference on Diffusion in Solids and Liquids - DSL2018, June 25-29, 2018 – AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS