NIST Diffusion Workshop Group
The 2017 Diffusion Workshop will be held September 11-12, 2017 at NIST. More details will be available soon.
The agenda from the 2015 workshop is available (pdf).
For more information, please contact Carelyn Campbell.
- To improve communication between experts in multicomponent diffusion measurement, analysis and simulation.
- To establish the most efficient method for extracting diffusion data (diffusion coefficients, fluxes, marker location) from multicomponent diffusion couple experiments.
- To provide a forum to solve common diffusion software execution problems.
- To agree on a common diffusion mobility database assessment procedure.
- To establish a general approach to data handling and diffusion modeling in ordered phases.
- To develop standard problems and web site for inter-laboratory comparison of diffusion simulation methods and data extraction techniques.
- First Workshop March 27&28, 2003
- Second Workshop September 16&17, 2003
- Third Workshop April 1&2, 2004
- Fourth Workshop April 19&20, 2005
- Fifth Workshop February 7&8, 2006
- Sixth Workshop May 14&15, 2007
- Seventh Workshop May 12&13, 2008
- Eighth Workshop March 25&26, 2009
- Ninth Workshop March 23&24, 2010
- Tenth Workshop 2011
- Eleventh Workshop May 3&4, 2012
Software and Data Tools
- Mathematica script of the t^1/2 growth of planar layers
- NIST Diffusion Data Center
- NIMS Diffusion Database
- Defect and Diffusion Forum
- Diffusion Fundamentals
- Isotopic Diffusion Databases for Magnesium Integrated Computational Materials Engineering (Mg-ICME)
Macros for Standard Diffusion Problems
- Co-Ni Data from JC Zhao, GE Global Research and Development
- Ni/René-88 and René-88/IN718 Diffusion couple data reported in J. Phase Equilibria & Diffusion 25 (2004) 6-15.
Upcoming Diffusion Conferences
- DIMAT 2017- International Conference on Diffusion in Materials, 7-12 May, 2017, Haifa, Israel
- Diffusion in Solid and Liquids: 26-30 JUNE, 2017 – VIENNA, AUSTRIA