Cryogenic Technologies Project
To read an encyclopedic article providing information about cryogenics follow <a href="/mml/acmd/cryogenics/aboutcryogenics">this link.
Major Program Elements
- Develop advanced measurement techniques and standard measurements practices for cryogenic processes.
- Investigate new and innovative cryogenic refrigeration processes.
- Develop mathematical models for cryogenic processes.
- Design and test prototype components and systems to compare performance with models to improve modeling techniques.
- Provide critically evaluated data for the properties of solid materials at cryogenic temperature.
- Assist in development of bibliographic database on cryogenics.
- Conduct calibrations of cryogenic flow meters.
Cryogenic Flow Facility
The Division operates the <a href="/mml/acmd/cryogenic-flow-facility">NIST Cryogenic Flow Measurement Facility</a>, located in Boulder, Colorado. Please follow the link to learn more about this world-class testing facility.