The SP5 is a laser scanning two-photon and confocal microscope equipped with multiple illumination sources, internal and external detectors, and spectral analysis system. The SP5 system can be used in variety of imaging modes including conventional confocal, multiphoton, differential interference contrast, phase contrast, darkfield, spectral, widefield transmission and widefield reflection modes.
* DM6000 upright body
* motorized xy stage and galvo-z stage
* 405 nm diode, Argon (458 nm, 476 nm, 488 nm, 514 nm), 561 nm diode, 633 nm HeNe, and tunable IR (680 nm - 1060 nm) lasers
* 4 internal spectral detectors and 2 external non-descanned detectors (NDDs)
* 8-channel acoustooptical tunable filter (AOTF)
* immersion, dry and dipping objectives
* coold CCD camera (Hamamatsu Orca AG)
* 2D and 3D biological fluorescence imaging
* nanoparticle imaging and spectral characterization
* high resolution multi-color imaging
* deep tissue imaging
* Fate and Transport of Nanoparticles
Individual collaborative projects to address NIST measurement needs are possible when the work is consistent with the Surface and Microanalysis Science Division mission space. Contact Keana Scott to discuss possible collaborations.